Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   Rifle Hunting (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/rifle-hunting/)
-   -   Has anyone bought a gunsafe lately? (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/rifle-hunting/8978-has-anyone-bought-gunsafe-lately.html)

Karl.Luhr 12-13-2011 10:26 PM

Has anyone bought a gunsafe lately?

Has anyone gone through the pain lately of trying to figure out which gunsafe to buy? I have been trying to decide and of course didn't pull the trigger during Black Friday so I now get to pay another 100.xx for the same one. I am looking at the Winchester 24 gun at Tractorsupply. It seems pretty good from what I can tell. I hope to be able to take the door off to reduce the weight by 125-150lbs when we are taking it down the stairs. I know that you can't have to many guns or to big of a safe but cost is a factor. When I pointed out that what we have may not fit, my pretty Wife did say well then but another later. I knew there was a reason I married her. Does anyone have any history with this gunsafe or another similar for around 700.xx?

Karl

ducksoup 12-16-2011 06:35 PM

Not sure if you're fimiliar with this brand but Costco has the 24 gun BigHorn at $769.00 and thats delivered to you "curb side"

on_the_fly 12-16-2011 08:11 PM

A buddy of mine just bought the same one from tractor supply about three months ago, and yours truly got suckered into helping him get it (my truck) and get it in his house. But the up side is although it's a 600 lbs safe. Was able to get close to his door ( about 15 foot) and only one step up into a single story ranch style house, since he only weighs in around 140 and I'm around 280, it seem I was mostly moving that thing by my self.
Bolt actions ya need to skip a spot if you don't want nothing to touch, scoped guns you got to skip the one in the row behind.

Karl.Luhr 12-17-2011 08:29 AM

Thanks for the suggestion on CostCo

I had never looked at their website prior to your post. I don't know which one I am going to get. I would like to have externel hinges so the door opens 180 degrees. If I get the Winchester 24 gun it really only holds about half of that with scoped rifles and would be full after everything goes into it. My Dad's gun collection is about to be added to mine. I will end up with two safes if I go with the Winchester 24 gun. It would be really nice to buy a larger one that would hold the combined collection. To bad the cost and weight go up at a rapid rate as you go bigger....Anyone have a huge safe that they don't need anymore... Just kidding...

Karl

Hunting Man 12-17-2011 02:31 PM

Got my 36 gun Cannon safe at tractor supply on sale for 599 or so can't remember the exact price under 600 but a great deal on a pretty good safe. Took three of us to dolly it in and had 4 steps to go up.

Hellbilly 12-17-2011 10:06 PM

also check the fire rating per price.some high price safes have little to no fire rating