I love hunting in the rain!! - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Rifle Hunting
Rifle Hunting Discuss Rifle Season topics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2011, 09:40 PM
B&C 100 Class

Default I love hunting in the rain!!

I always say that hunting in the rain or adverse weather conditions can increase your chances at a good deer. I truly believe deer know the sound of our vehicles (if you regularly hunt an area) along with what our normal hunting hours are.

This morning my dad and all his friends stayed at the/their house. I saw that the temps were dropping all day and the front that was in the area was just at the start of a two day push through.

About 8:30 I saw a pack of does come feed in our biggest field. I watched them for a while and saw what looked like antlers but thought it was just the standing corn playing tricks on my eyes. I looked with binoculars and saw that there was antlers on a deer. The buck stepped out and started chasing the does. He chased them to the edge of the field but he was standing in 6 foot corn where I couldn't see. I didn't think I was going to get a shot (thought he would bust out of the corn after the does) but he took two steps out and stopped. He gave me a really weird angle but I wasn't giving him the chance to get away...took the only shot I could (hit him high in the neck) and dropped him where I stood.

I had passed up about a 120-130" class 8pt after being in the stand for 20 mins on thursday morning knowing that we have a bigger deer in the area. My buds told me I was an idiot...but good things come to those who wait!

11pt but 2 pts are on the hair of being scoreable but its bascially a 140" class 9pt
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9pt pic 1.jpg (101.2 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg 9pt pic 2.jpg (101.9 KB, 30 views)