Deer Hunting Forums banner

Question about scents

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  turner 
#1 ·
I have been using some Tink's 69 on the scent wicks that are shaped like the letter P or a key. All stores around here are all sold out. I have 3 that I have been putting in a ziplock bag and reusing them. I just add some new scent each time out. Is this ok to do or should I just throw the old scent wicks away??

#2 ·
I just reuse as well, I tie a string to them and use them as drags when walking in then just hang them in branches when I get to the hunting area. If you are just using them as hangers why not just use the rinks wick bottles? I use them as well and they are good to use as yardage markers too if your hunting a newer area.

#3 ·
I'd say most do re-use them as you've mentioned and that's fine to do. The bottles mentioned above are also good and keep the fragrant aroma :green: at bay when not in the woods. I found some new things this year that are small circular containers, about 1.5" in diameter and 1" deep that have tops that latch securely and small spring clips attached to utilize when hanging from a branch. They are very handy and seem to keep the scent(s) fresh.

If you won't be hunting for several days, I'd also recommend placing the wicks you mentioned in a sealed baggie and then in the freezer to keep them as fresh as possible. I don't think the wife has noticed (yet) the fresh buck hock glands now in the freezer here. :whistling:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.