Big Buck? Opinions Please - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Rifle Hunting
Rifle Hunting Discuss Rifle Season topics

Old 10-12-2011, 10:52 PM
B&C 140 Class

Nope . . . . . don't shoot him.

I've got a rural route address you can box him up and send him to here in Central Texas.

ARE YOU KIDDING??? HECK YES HE'S A SHOOTER!!!

My $.02 worth.

RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2011, 09:06 AM
B&C 180 Class

If this is your first buck ever... you are in for a dandy. Sit back and enjoy! Like many said on here already, don't set up too close to his trail and MAKE SURE you watch your winds and scent. Set up a pattern schedule that he is on and make sure you are in the woods 1-2 hours BEFORE you know he'll be coming through. Now that being said, don't be disappointed if you hunt the next 20 days and never see him! Deer are funny that way. Good luck
Old 10-13-2011, 09:35 AM
Scrub Buck

Thanks man. Ya ima try and not get to discouraged. I have sat in these woods now just about everyday from opening bow season in SC. I havent killed a deer yet but have seen few does. I know there are around tho, I just believe there all out at night around my way. But yea ill defently take ur advice and be in there as much time as possible. The only thing im stumped on as a new hunter is deciding a good spot to set stand up that would be on a path he walks and wouldnt spook him if he came around. Ill let you guys know when i bag him.

Thanks
Old 10-13-2011, 10:50 AM

holy crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-13-2011, 11:19 AM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBuckNastyx View Post
I have sat in these woods now just about everyday from opening bow season in SC. But yea ill defently take ur advice and be in there as much time as possible.

You might have misunderstood me on the pressure thing... If I were you, I'd hunt him like crazy.... BUT make sure you change up your locations and take a couple days off here and there. Deer know if you've been in the woods or not, and if you make your woods a highway, they are going to leave. Try to set up other cams where you think this big boy would be coming from or going and try to catch him off guard. Good luck man!
Old 10-13-2011, 09:59 PM
B&C 120 Class

When you're ready to shoot,don't focus on the antlers.Aim for the heart/lung area just behind the front shoulder.Good luck.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

What the hell lol. Why cant I have deer that look like that? My trial cams are full of Does and the biggest buck I have seen so far this year was the 125 pound 6 point I shot 2 weeks ago.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:42 PM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Why cant I have deer that look like that? My trial cams are full of Does and the biggest buck I have seen so far this year was the 125 pound 6 point

My sentiments EXACTLY!!!
Old 10-14-2011, 09:16 PM

Every buck like that is so unique that harvesting one is a lifetime achievement. One thing I keep reading is all the early scrapes being reported, what's up with that? Very nice buck and one that I would be happy to harvest. Thanks for posting!
Old 10-18-2011, 09:05 PM
Scrub Buck

Ya I have seen scrapes all over the place. Found 4 more scrapes connected to the two near this photo. Guessing its his. Also found another scrape line about 100 yards away in another part of woods. I followed that one and threw up a trail cam and cought this 6 pointer I believe on camera.

I relocated my main camera I cought that monster on up further on those scrapes. He has a rub line with about 7 - 8 scrapes on it.

Here is a pic of the other buck I cought on the other scrape line. I belive he is a 6 pointer.