busted for killing my dog - Page 3 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Rifle Hunting
Rifle Hunting Discuss Rifle Season topics

Old 10-11-2011, 08:16 AM
B&C 180 Class

OK... I had to read and re-read that original post about 5 times to make sure I saw "I SHOT HIM IN THE KNEE". I have to go with most of the people on here and say that wasn't the best idea in the world. The way the law will look at it is animal vs. human. He shot your dog, yes that is bad and horrible, but you shot him. Doesn't matter where at, you shot him. In my eyes, that's attempted manslaughter and you'll probably never get to hold a gun or weapon again for the rest of your life... and rightfully so. *they may take away your dog owning privileges b/c you weren't able to "handle yourself in a correct manner" when the dog got killed.
I would say good luck,,, but I think you deserve some time in jail for this one. sorry!
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2011, 05:08 PM
Scrub Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw0248 View Post
I hunt here in Ark; plenty of deer, bear, yotes;
I had a 78 lb. german sheperd dog that was a fantastic deer dog; man, she would sniff 'em out, and run 'em back around to you;

I always put a blaze orange full body vest on her, so some idiot wouldn't mistake her fo a coyote;

Last fall, I was letting her run, while I was sitting on top of a mountain peak, where I could see her running about;

There is a road down the mountain about 1/4 mile away; 3 guys are sitting around /on tailgate of their truck; They start taking pot shots at my dog, (which has a full orange vest on); One of the guys finally killed her, and they all laughed about it;

I shot him thru the knee with my .270; didnt want to kill him, but I crippled him for life, cause he shot my dog; made the others drop their guns, while I called game and fish, and told them what happened;

Now I have to go to court;

What would you all do, when you see guys intentiontally trying to kill your dog? I told the guy he was lucky I didnt shoot him in the head;
good for you brother i would have donr the same thing good luck let us know how it turns out