busted for killing my dog - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Rifle Hunting
Rifle Hunting Discuss Rifle Season topics

Old 10-07-2011, 12:00 PM
B&C 120 Class

I honestly do not think this thread should be opened and discussed in a public forum here on the DHC. It may or may not be a real story but the anti's take stories like this and use them to show a side of hunters and gun owners/users that paints a bad picture to the general public. We need to be very careful about what we do and say because everything that can be taken out of context and twisted by someone to achieve thier goal will be used.

I am sorry for your loss but you deserve a just punishment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2011, 12:37 PM

Timetohunt
I AGREE 100%
and believe this story is NOT true

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 10-07-2011, 08:02 PM

The only problem is how do we screen out the true from the false? Moderating can be challenging at times like this and we probably have to overly credit honesty for all until the few are proven false.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:41 PM
B&C 140 Class

Sorry, but I'm simply curious as to why you'd even want a posting like that on a nice site like this?? The man admitted to committing a felony act, perhaps even attempted murder and you think that's OK to print here on this forum? I'm sorry, but I'm at a loss to understand that, at all.

We live in a nation where freedom to speak and think are allowed, to a point. If you state you want to kill someone, that can be a punishable offense. Some are bothered by the fact(?) that this person's dog was shot. Well, it's a fact, not a rumor, that the laws, social mores, and overall feelings in this country do not allow for someone to shoot another person because they alledgedly shot their dog. We are, after, all a civilized nation with laws pertaining to both animal cruelty and assault, attempted murder, etc.

This is more then ridiculous, come on now...really??
Old 10-07-2011, 09:07 PM
B&C 100 Class

He did not necessarily commit a felony. I don't pretend to know the laws where he lives but a number of states allow you to protect property using lethal force.

Rethinking the whole situation, I never considered the possibility that we have a troll here posting this just to solicit disparaging remarks.

My last post in this thread.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:19 PM

Turner, between you and me I'd hate to be the one who shot my dogs. I don't agree with his actions based on the story, true or false. Let the court decide his fate not here. Everyone gets to voice an equal opinion that's the rule whether we agree or not. That's what I try to moderate by. Many times here members have opposing views lets not get into it over something like this guy's post. He got his (one) post of fame/shame and should be gone. Time to breathe and get back to normal constructive outdoors's posting.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:58 PM
B&C 140 Class

Default Let's spend our time talking about hunting and guns..

I truely respect everyone on this website but let's go back to our core and talk about hunting, guns, and the one that got away.....

Karl
Old 10-10-2011, 05:35 PM
B&C 100 Class

Old 10-10-2011, 09:15 PM
B&C 120 Class

I just want to state this one more time, as hunters and gun owners we should be careful about what is posted. Any one can view this forum and I feel that those already against us can use this against hunters and gun owners. On an aside, I am part of a trapping forum and they are ever vigilant about what is openly discussed, even if a necessary part of the sport. Those that do not understand can take things out of context and use out against us. Whether the story is true out false I don't care, it does not belong here. Thats all I've got.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:32 AM

I understand what you're saying timetohunt, and I agree with you, but I don't think cowaring into a silent corner is the best way to handle these type of posts.
Hunting is one of our oldest Traditions and thanks to those who hunted long before all of us, it was then and still is the safest outdoor activity to participate in.
Hunters are governed by rules, regulations and Law not only State Law but Federal Law too and when you consider the Multi-Millions of active hunters involved,
Hunters should stand Tall & Proud of the reputations they have created and continue to pass on for the following generations to enjoy.
Anti's can use any information they choose to use to carry on their rhetoric but in the end it's ultimately going to be decided by a Judge & jury to determine fact from fiction.
Now this is just my opinion on this issue but if the DHC owner or one of the other moderators decides to remove this thread, I would support their decision to do so but I really don't think it's neccessary.
Good Luck & Happy Hunting