Blr/.325 wsm - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Rifle Hunting
Rifle Hunting Discuss Rifle Season topics

Old 06-13-2011, 11:59 AM
B&C 120 Class

Default Blr/.325 wsm

Took advantage of a somewhat cool morning this morning and did some final tuning on my BLR in preperation for a hunt I leave for on Saturday. The two loads I was looking to decide between were a 200gr NP or a 200gr TSX. Turns out that both shoot well in my rifle and only 1/4" difference in groups at 100 yards; 1 1/8" Vs 1 3/8". I was leaning towards the NP, but surprisingly enough the best group went to the TSX.

Both are close enough on paper as to be interchanable with only about 3/4" in elavation seperating the groups from both loads. Both mirror each other horizantally. I had planned on using the NP loads and have been a big fan of the NP bullets for a long time. Thinking I might just have to give the TSXs a shot tho...(pun intended ) What says you??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2011, 12:28 PM
B&C 140 Class

Default Does lead get into the meat?

I really don't want to give any ammo to the anti shooting groups. With the TSX loads shooting that nice, and you have them already why not use them instead of the Partitions. The Noslers MIGHT deposit some lead into the meat you will be cooking. I really wonder how much lead is deposited into the area around the wound. I aways figured it was bloodstained and trimmed off. Best of luck, let us know how it performs when it matters.

Karl