pa rifle season is open - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Rifle Hunting
Rifle Hunting Discuss Rifle Season topics

Old 11-30-2010, 07:39 PM
B&C 100 Class

Default pa rifle season is open

rifle season opened on monday the 29th and its tuesday the 30th and i already kickout 2 people that can't read a posted sign is it just me or do more people every seem more disrespcful to your hunting ground on a good note i have seen more deer here this year than the last two years put together
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2010, 09:55 PM
B&C 140 Class

Default Good luck..

Good luck this year. Hopefully you will have snow, we didn't for the opening weekend here in MN.

Karl
Old 11-30-2010, 10:23 PM
B&C 160 Class

yep i guess the signs arent bold and bright enough,when you do catch em take there tag number. that usually causes some well deserved anxiety even if you dont do anything with it.in ny if you trespass you have to identify yourself to the landowner by law if he asks you for this information.just writng there # down throws a little scare in em.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:33 AM
B&C 180 Class

su106, that's the way it is anymore, very few people have respect for another person's property... no matter what it is. I have never had someone trespass on me, but the day that I do, God help that poor man because I'll do my best to scare him so bad that he won't want to ever hunt again. That's one thing I don't take lightly to. If I were you, su106, I would be calling your sheriff's dept and get these people fined for trespassing, if at all possible.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:13 AM
B&C 180 Class

Found this sign on ebay, maybe a good investment? hahaha
Attached Images
File Type: jpg deer sign.jpg (36.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-01-2010, 01:38 PM
B&C 100 Class

i like that sign but most of the people around here can't take a joke i told the two guys i caught that i have the game officers number on speed dial they just looked at me like ya right then i showed it to them they left it just makes me mad because i pay the taxes and make the food plots this should be my peace on earth spot know what i mean no phone no kids no wife just me and the good lord watching the day pass
Old 12-01-2010, 02:21 PM
B&C 180 Class

yep, typical jerks. If I were you, I'd find out where they are accessing it from. Find a vehicle and get the license plate digits. You have to report it and be serious about it when the law gets involved. That's the only way to stop people like this. They have no respect for you or anyone else and they feel as though everyone owes them something. Funny thing is,,, many people in this great country of ours feel that way. Sickening...
Old 12-01-2010, 05:42 PM
B&C 160 Class

I guess it's a problem everywhere. We just signed a lease for 3,300 acres which is kind of late for this season but we have it for next year. the owners said we could hunt this year free if we would start running off the poachers and bush hog the roads. My first day over there I ran off three that left when they saw me, so they knew they wern't supposed to be there. I also had 2 I stopped on four wheelers that I had to tell to leave.

We have contacted some law enforcement guys about joining the club and so far we have 3 city cops, 1 county and 2 maybe 3 game wardens. that should get the word out pretty quick to the locals.

I just wouldn't enjoy hunting if I had to look over my shoulder all the time. Some hunters are just to lazy to do their own leg work.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:08 PM
Scrub Buck

There are a lot of disrespectful people in this world. I mean if your really wanting to hunt a piece of land how hard is it really to find the owner and ask? I know several people around here that own land that have to run people off when if they had just asked they would have said ok.

Anyway maybe they won't be back and if they do then I myself wouldn't hesitate to call the local lawmen in.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:55 AM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
Some hunters are just to lazy to do their own leg work.

You are exactly right Buckshot... There was a guy I went to high school with who was a couple years older than I was and his whole family was like this. His dad is the worst, his older brother was probably next and then he was also bad about poaching. They'd shoot from the road if they had to. They ran around like they owned everything around, and they didn't. They are known as the "local idiots" trust me. When you act like a fool and do stupid things, expect people to treat you like one.