Rifle Hunting Discuss Rifle Season topics

Old 11-09-2010, 07:53 PM
B&C 140 Class

Yep me too, but I always get the response "Yeah...whatever, same thing..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2010, 08:36 PM
B&C 100 Class

and dont we, as hunters, have several unwritten but well understood laws pertaining to what shots we should take? for example- turkey in a tree, easy shot, should you take it? no. ducks on the water, easy shot, should you take it? no. 12 deer in a feild, 5 rounds in the magazine, one in the chamber. take half of them, or AIM at one.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:19 AM
B&C 100 Class

ok my bad you win your the great white hunter im sorry to get you so upset
Old 11-10-2010, 03:53 PM
B&C 100 Class

im not mad, but i can tell you are with the sarcastic little quip about me being greater than all. its ok, i know whats right, and i know what right looks like. and as i said before, i will sleep like a baby tonight. getting mad about arguments on the internet is useless. so with that, im done with this thread, it has spiraled into a useless pile of nothing. it has gotten so far from the original question its not even funny. this will be my last post in this thread. thanks for all those that actually contributed. to all the others, i hope you come to your senses.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:00 PM
B&C 140 Class

Default One that got away

When Colt first offered their AR-15 in 7.62x39 I wanted one bad. I didn't get one at the time and they later were discontinued. I know that the cartridge is not as powerful as the 30-30 Win but I loved the way it handled and would have liked to hunt with it. I later bought a Ruger Mini-30 and hunted with it one season. I still wish I would have bought the Colt when I had the chance.

Karl
Old 11-17-2010, 11:36 AM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
i really didnt mean for that to be offensive, more like a quick jab or two. but what im more concerned with are your views on the actual platform in the woods. not just the caliber. just added that in because i knew you would all be asking me what it is anyway. anyone else?
AR type platform??? I have nothing against ANY platform. The platform used in hunting is an individual choice and who am I to say that one platform is better than any other.

Was in the military for over 20 years. Know the AR platform well. It's a well-proven platform that now has numerous calibers available for 'commercial' or hunting uses.

Wish you many happy hunts with your Bushmaster.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:03 AM
B&C 100 Class

Location: currently in oklahoma city, soon I will be moving to little axe oklahoma

the only issue I have with the ar platform is that it is a semi auto, I personally prefer single shots and bolt actions, but thats entirely a personal preference, to each their own. I saw a guy (hunting public lands) use an ar-15 with a 30 round magazine, he spotted a small doe and emptied the magazine, never got anywhere near the deer but almost hit another hunter who was 20 feet up in a tree stand, the bullet hit the frame of his stand. oklahoma now has a law that 22 caliber centerfire semi auto's cannot be used for hunting unless the magazine holds 7 or less rounds, too many accidents waiting to happen with guys just burning ammo with no regard to the fact that other hunters are in the area. but that is all problems with hunters, not the firearms they were carrying. if you like the gun and are confident with it, then by all means use it, my brother carries an sks with a 30 round magazine, mostly because he cannot hit the broad side of a barn fromthe inside, while his wife carries a single shot breakover 223 and has taken more deer than him