Deer Hunting Forums banner

Herrmann Monster Guides

10K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Timber Trooper 
#1 ·
Hunters be very aware of this outfitter. Before booking a hunt with Herrmann Monster Guides, contact me and also contact the Iowa DNR.
danshull@mytci.net:yucky:

#9 ·
But in their defense.. The guy has 3 bad reviews that we seen. Outta who knows how many have hunted with them. One of which is the same guy that posted this one (1 yr and couple of months after he posted his first one if I remember correctly)

Plus a lot of these people assume just cause their on land they paid a good price to hunt that they are guaranteed a sucessful hunt. Not always the case.

Maybe the outfitter sucks, maybe he doesnt. But just saying I dont think we can base it off of just what we have seen. Not enough evidence in my book.

#10 ·
you're absolutely right buckfever, my comment wasnt directed solely at the Herrmann Monster Guide service,
I was referring to shady outfitters/guide services in general... Some are very concerned with their customers satisfaction
while others are only concerned with collecting their costs and fees.
There is never going to be a 100% success rate from any outfitter but when a Client expects services other than game harvest like meals, lodging, guide services, etc etc and they dont get what they bargained for,,, those are the clients that have all the reasons in the world to be upset.

one of the Herrmann monster guide service reports were from a guy that was a successful hunter but still gave them a negative report so there has to be reasons other than just harvest results.

#11 ·
This is one area that I would like to see members expand on. Using outfitters can be a costly mistake or a hunt of a life time. Referals are just a starting point when selecting an outfitter. Do your homework is all I can say. I didn't see this particular outfitter really try to submit a detailed rebuttal to the negative reports.

G
#12 ·
hi im john faulkner me and my four friends rented a moter home drove out to iowa to hunt with brad hermann.he is running a scam for years dnr nows it lures people out there to stay in house on private farm that dont exist when youget there every thing changes he tells you you need to stay in motel takes you out on land with hunters all over it lots hunters no game .dnr knows he is thief lets him keep screwing hard working people out of there mony he promised buck tags had none any questions 7273895032

#13 ·
Well I checked them out on a number of sites & a lot more unhappy people then those that were pleased luckily I cant afford to go to an outfitter & get hosed just have to stick with regular old hunting

G
#14 ·
Verified

Do some digging and find out what the current and past residence of these outfitters and their known associates happens to be.
Start with the Department of Corrections.
Then check with the Evansdale, Waterloo, and Cedar Falls Iowa Police Departments, along with the Black Hawk County Iowa Sheriff, and the Clerk Of Court's public records in Black Hawk County, Iowa, as well as officials in counties in southeast Iowa that border Missouri.
The court public records speak volumes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.