Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   Rifle Hunting (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/rifle-hunting/)
-   -   smith and wesson 30-06? (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/rifle-hunting/4364-smith-wesson-30-06-a.html)

o1sick7 09-23-2009 07:48 PM

smith and wesson 30-06?

i was at my local gun store today looking aorund. and i seen a smith and wesson i bolt 30-06. i have never heard of s&w doing rifles other than there ar platform. it was only going for $325. I am wondering if anyone has any info on them? or ane experiance. all i have been able to find on the web was that they had a recall on the bolt. but s&w will replace it for free. any info will be apreciated. thanks

tbighunter 09-23-2009 07:53 PM

Just some info.I done a search on google and found that T/C was bought by Smith and Wesson and the i bolt barrels are made by T/C.And they use Timney triggers.That is according to gunblast.com.Sounds like a good buy.

o1sick7 09-23-2009 08:21 PM

i seen that also. well i figure if there two trusted names like wesson and thompson it should be a decent rifle. i just wanted to do some research on it before i got it.

timberghost 09-23-2009 09:02 PM

I also had no idea that SW did bolt action rifles...ought to be good quality I would imagine.

o1sick7 09-24-2009 04:34 PM

well i will be buying one in 2 weeks. we will see how she shoots. i gkot my self a general season over the counter elk tag. so i will be using this gun to get it i hope.

o1sick7 10-02-2009 05:02 PM

I just went and got my new I bolt today. It feels solid. The bolt feelt good. Pretty light. Just waiting on my scope to show up. And we will give it a whirl.

tbighunter 10-03-2009 03:02 PM

Make sure you let us know the results.I'm curious.

o1sick7 10-07-2009 07:01 PM

ok. so i had a chanse to take the i bolt out today. and like dumb butt. i didnt grab my camera. but im actually glad i didnt. the scope i ordered is messed up. i got the bushnell elite 3200. the same scope i have on my 270. and i love it. but this one would not hold zero. i would shoot and it would be all over the place. so in fear i bought a peace of bad word rifle. i swapped the scope off the ol 270. and man we have a shooter here people. i was killing the crap out of that poor paper. after a 20min session. there was not a bullseye left in the target. i will be going again this weekend. with a camera. so pics soon to come.:yes:

Unregistered 08-02-2012 07:37 PM

dylan shotts

i have a smith and wesson hoya 30-06 it is the best deer gun ive ever shot next to a 300. win mag its got a tone of nock down power the first deer i ever shot when i was 11 i shot broadside just in front of the shoulder and he dropped like a sack of potatoes. in my opinion you cant go wrong with it man

Karl.Luhr 08-06-2012 04:08 PM

What is the warrantee on Bushnell scopes???

It is to bad you got a bad 3200 scope. Can you return it to where you bought it for replacement or do you have to send it back for repair? I would guess that they will not repair it, just replace it. I won't say anything bad about Bushnells or my Leopolds or Nikons will start causing me grief.

Karl