Mueller 4-1650AO Sport Dot - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Rifle Hunting
Rifle Hunting Discuss Rifle Season topics

Old 07-19-2009, 06:29 AM
B&C 100 Class

Default Mueller 4-1650AO Sport Dot

I just joined the sight a few days ago and I am simply amazed at how knowlegable and nice everyone has been so far.

I am pretty sure that this is the scope I am going to purchase before the start of the season. I have read all of the reviews on the mueller website, but of course they are not going to post any bad comments(if any) about their products.

I was wondering if anyone who posts on the site here could offer any insight(good or bad) about this particular scope?

The reason I am going with a little extra magnification is because I hunt whitetail from a stand on acres of flat farmland and I am trying to reach out past 300 yards if necessary.

Thanks again to everyone who has given me valuable advice up to this point.
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2009, 03:45 PM
B&C 100 Class

Lightbulb shooting past 300

I would buy a scope that is a bullet drop compensating which means you hold center adjust the scope to the yardage and pull the trigger the scope takes care of the neccesary hold over for you their are several models to choose from some have multiple reticles an some have knobs that you adjust, you buy them to fit the caliber and bullet weight that you are shooting they all work great.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:12 PM
B&C 100 Class

Or really. Hummmmm. Now that is something that I haven't considered up to this point. Is there any chance that you could give me a few brand names or models that I could do some research on(maybe a few that have worked for you in the past).

As always thank you for you promt reply and information.
Old 07-19-2009, 05:35 PM
B&C 140 Class

Slickhead, you might be interested in reading my article, "Long Range Shooting" under "Recently Added Hunting Tips" on the home page of this sight. While you're at it, you might also like "Taxidermt Tips" on the same home page.

Last edited by BruceBruce1959; 07-19-2009 at 07:05 PM.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:00 PM

I have to admit I haven't heard of that brand of scope. Good luck on your purchase.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:40 PM
B&C 100 Class

Wow one horse! Not only a talented hunter buy writer as well. I was very impressed by all of your Long range shooting articles especially the one on how to determine the distance of long range shots. This article gives me a whole new perspective to holding over a target. I simply can't wait to make me an 18" rectangle target and hit the range with my new rifle(when I purchase it). It would seem that by having a mathmatical approach to long range shooting, it would not only take the guess work out of holding over a target, but would also make me a much more confident shooter(ie. better hunter).

Thanks again for the heads up on your articles and once again......very impressive work sir!