Savage 300 Winchester magnum - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Rifle Hunting
Rifle Hunting Discuss Rifle Season topics

Old 02-04-2009, 08:21 AM
B&C 100 Class

Default Savage 300 Winchester magnum

iam thinking about buying a savage 300 Winchester magnum what can u guys tell me about this gun what ur views
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2009, 03:20 PM
ronn

the savage 110 is a pretty good gun. i have their heavy "long range" in 308. i have a 243 that the boy has shot 2 deer with and can hold quarter size groups at 100. the kid can shoot.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:25 PM
Scrub Buck

Thumbs up

i have 2 300 mags one is a stevens 200i have a muzzle break on it it shoot great the other is a weatherby in 300 weatherby cal.an i would say the wenchester is the way to go ive got about 700.00 in gun mounts scope and 100 rounds with break
Old 04-30-2009, 09:41 AM
B&C 140 Class

The 300 Win. Magnum is a great caliber with lots of fans. It'll kill anything on the planet and is exceedingly accurate. But taking the present economy into constideration, you might check out how much a box of bullets for that gun will cost. Depending on what game animal you are after, you might be just as well off with a good old 30/06 as I believe you can still get these on sale from time to time - and that doesn't happen too often with the magnums. And, by the way, that caliber will also do-in anything on four feet as well.
Another side point on caliber: my personal opinion is that if you are shooting a caliber for which you need to have a muzzle brake, you are shooting a gun that's unnecessarily big for you and, most likely, too big for your quarry.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:25 AM
B&C 180 Class

for sale 150mm howitzer will work on antelope,deer, and other game
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 04-30-2009, 05:30 PM
B&C 140 Class

That's a good one, Joel. But don't forget to put a brake on that one.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:16 PM
B&C 180 Class

THATS THE PICTURE I HAD IN MY HEAD THE FLAMES COMING OUT OF THE BRAKE :http://tneria01.files.wordpress.com/...-in-flight.png if you look close theres a mulie really far down range
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky

Last edited by joel the signman; 04-30-2009 at 06:18 PM.