Deer Hunting Forums banner

any one bear hunters

6K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  watchmaker 
#1 ·
i was thinking about a bear hunting trip in the TN mountains this year is anyone ever hunted bear?

If you live in TN where do you hunt

#7 ·
The 500 pounder was from the Wausau area, Zone "C"...
The pic of the big one in the woods is from "A-1" near Drumlin.
The Gun bear was from zone "B"
If I ever get one in zone "A" I will have gotten one in each. :biggrin:

joel the signmanhey buckmastr didnt i see you in some hunting magazine?

I have been in a few hunting Magazines. Here is a link to the story about the 500 pound bear ( The bath tub bear )

Articles:The Bathtub Bear

#5 ·
hey buckmastr didnt i see you in some hunting magazine?

#9 ·
great story.im gonna try bear hunting up at camp this year.weve seen apair,ma,,pa and 2 cubs 2yrs ago we still get sightings but not of them all together the trail camera got some good pics.huge black bear.only thing is i got to hunt em with a bow.thats what kept me from trying it already.i still think im bringing a rifle for "back up":w00t:

#13 ·
the gun would definitely be Backup Plan A if yer talking about bear. Backup Plan B (run like a mad man) doesn't always work. Option C (crap yer pants while running) is smelly, and equally ineffective.
just hit what your aiming at with the bow and throw the backup plans in the dump. a sturdy skinning knife should suffice for a backup plan.

just messing with you joel. by all means take a gun. if it aint in bow range than blast it with your rifle. its still a trophy and a fun hunt no matter what weapon you choose. and if i was bow hunting bear i would like something with plenty of UMPH :boxing: to use in case i missed and just ticked the beast off. mad bear chasing you, means you need firepower quickly. and if your like me you cant shoot arrows nearly as fast Legolas did in Lord of the Rings.

#11 ·
:lol: :w00t: :lol: :lol: good thing its private property the game guys might be upset carrying a rifle during bow season

#14 ·
For a first time bear hunter, I will recommend a hunt over bait in one of the states that cater to out of state hunters (like Maine).

That way you can taste sucess (and bear roast) sooner.

After all, just going after bear is not guarantee that you will see one.

Watchmaker

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.