My New Toy - Deer Hunting Forums
Rifle Hunting Discuss Rifle Season topics

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
B&C 120 Class

My New Toy

Here is my new best buddy I bought last month. It is a Remington 7600 in .270 Win. I put a Bushnell Legend 3x9x40 scope on the roof. I plan on sighting it in during the holidays. If she holds =/< MOA then I will make some modifications to get the gun to fit me better.
I plan on putting on a 1" Sims recoil pad while cutting 1.25" off the stock. This will get my LOP down to 13". In addition I will take the pipe down from 22" to 18.5" to a carbine length which will also balance the gun better. Lastly the factory trigger pull is set to 6+ lbs which is way too high so I will either drop in a Timney trigger or have the existing trigger modified to 3-3.5 lbs.
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 09:30 PM
B&C 100 Class

If it is a tack driver with the 22" barrel you may lose that going to an 18.5" barrel. Another consideration is will the incoming presidential administration make changes to the laws concerning the barrel length or changes to the barrel length of rifles.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 09:34 PM
ronn

be careful not to fall from that stool. someone has seen/listening to the benoits. grin
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 05:59 AM

Roszman62, nice purchase. I have a Rem 760 that I put new 7600 stocks on it. It carries a redfield widefield 3X9 on top. I bought mine in 1974 and its a 30-06. You put together a plan to customize it to your specs, hopefully it becomes your next best favorite. People used to say pump actions were not accurate, they never shot these remingtom pumps. They are a great deer hunting rifle with plenty of accuracy. The only change i would have liked was to have bought a 280 cal. Nice Christmas present!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 06:18 AM
B&C 140 Class

My father in-law has the 760 in a 30-06 also and he loves it and it is very accurate!!! That is his favorite rife he hunts with.

GRAB LIFE BY THE HORNS
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 07:44 AM

Nice toy.. The ones that are the coolest..

Like ronn said easy on the stool..
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
B&C 120 Class

Climbing the stool was my off season practice for treestand hunting. I will follow up with a range report soon. Now what cal is next .243 or .25-06???

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Deer Hunting Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode