Rifles in 35 Remington - Deer Hunting Forums
Rifle Hunting Discuss Rifle Season topics

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Scrub Buck

Rifles in 35 Remington

I'm hung up on the 35 Remington as a close-range brush gun. I hunt in areas where shots are 25-75 yards normally and I've killed deer with my 270 and my 7mm-08, but I think the 35 Remington would have better knock down power in close quarters. I'd like a small, lightweight bolt action in 35 Remington but I don'y think one exists in a bolt action. I have looked at the Marlin 336 lever action but I really don't wan't a lever action.

BTW, it's my first time posting.
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 06:56 PM
B&C 100 Class

As it is a short range cartridge, I don't know of a bolt action. Remington has made a couple models of pump guns in that caliber, and I have seen break action pistols and rifles in .35 Remington.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Scrub Buck

Yeah, I'm looking for a bolt action. I may check into the TC Contender pistol with stock.
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 08:29 PM
wmi
B&C 140 Class

I have the Contender with the rifle stock. Super nice shooting and light. 35's have very similar bullet drop to a muzzle loader with 250 grain bullet and 150 grain Pyrodex. I wish I could hunt with it in my areas here in Md..
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 11:24 PM

Welcome to the site cullbuck, and greetings from WNY.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 01:24 PM
B&C 140 Class

Remington Full Stock Custom in 35 Rem

Remington still offers their Full Stock Custom model 7 in 35 Rem. They used to offer the KS custom model 7 in 35 Rem but they no longer list it online. It is possible that one may still be available at gunbroker.com. Either of these rifles will be costing over 1000.xx, I have seen the Full Stock in 7mm08 it was really nice.

Karl
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 06:55 PM

Nothing wrong with your thinking regarding the 35 rem, its still a great deer getting bullet. I know you said close range but scoped 150 yds wouldn't be a peoblem. I still like the old Remington model 141 in 35 rem. I had one in 30 rem and 35 sold them. Still have a couple of mint rem dog bone boxes of 30 cal ammo and some old 35 factory ammo.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Deer Hunting Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode