Funny Hunting Stories - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Rifle Hunting
Rifle Hunting Discuss Rifle Season topics

Old 11-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Scrub Buck

Default Funny Hunting Stories

I was in this tree stand one season and its back when I dipped and my dumb-butt spit out the dip on the ground and sure enough right when I did it, I looked up and there was a big butt 10 point staring at me and then it hauled tail out of there. I was upset and just threw another dip in.

Last edited by BruceBruce1959; 11-07-2008 at 02:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2008, 02:15 PM
B&C 180 Class

I once fell asleep and woke up with three deer staring at me not more than a foot away.wondering what i was and why i was snoring so loud
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 11-07-2008, 07:22 PM
B&C 120 Class

sounds like my father-in-law
Old 11-07-2008, 08:15 PM
B&C 100 Class

haha i chew dip also, but i dont spit it on the ground when im in the tree stand i have a spit bottle i hang from a tree with a nice peice of string lol works out great
Old 11-07-2008, 08:56 PM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel the signman View Post
I once fell asleep and woke up with three deer staring at me not more than a foot away.wondering what i was and why i was snoring so loud
Sound like my dad. Took him and my son out one time with the plan that the deer would come by him first then to my son then on to me. Well to make a long story short my son shot 2 and I shot 2. After all of that shooting we got down and woke him up completely unaware of any deer or shooting that took place.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:12 PM

This is still not a funny to me but..... We all had radios hunting some deep wood lands where cell phone signals dont exist.. The call came through that the truck was leaving in an hour or so. So we all started preparing to make our way out. I took the cap out of my muzzleloader for the descent down the tree. As soon as i get the cap out and in my pocket I hear movement to my left.. The biggest deer (still to this day) that Ive ever seen was 40 yds away watching me move. Needless to say after a 5 min stare down he ran off.

Im sure its funny to some... But me Im still thinking JUST 5 MORE MINS!!!
Old 11-09-2008, 09:37 PM

I hear you Buck......awhile back I was up in tree till about 1130am and hadn't seen a thing, that is until the climb down. As I was descending down in my climber I get 1/2 way down when I see a big bodied, heavy horned 6 pt heading my way with nose to ground just chugging away right by me as I watch in disbelief. Well for being a 6 pt that guy was huge and I've never seen it again and I do wish that I could've got him because he was a serious contender. Some time later I read an article on climbing treestands on rough bark trees sounding like a buck fight or something. But IDK maybe he was just on his way through.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:21 AM
B&C 140 Class

Last night I was sitting on the side of a canyon when several does kinda snuck up on me. They were right down below me about 20 yards away. My bow was leaning up against a tree in front of me, so while I was watching the deer I reached for the bow. I bumped it wrong, and the bow went bouncing down the canyon wall. The deer scattered, and I just picked up my bow and went back to the house.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:09 AM
B&C 160 Class

Those are some of the saddest funny stories ever.

Here's one, ya’ll ain’t gonna believe this.

My brother and I were hunting together on the last day of the season down off the side of Jump off mountain, it was so steep it would kill us to get down there and when we killed a deer it really killed us to get one out.

When we got down to the level we wanted to hunt we split up and spread out. It's hard to explain but the mountain would kind of stair step down with these level benches and you would go from bench to bench following the drainage valleys.

Anyway the story is brother shot a huge 10 point and it just dropped on the spot. When he got down to it he let out a big rebel yell and I knew by the yell that it was not just any buck but a big buck that he had killed. After he put his kill tag on the antler he was sitting there admiring it when noticed he didn't see any blood or a bullet hole, there was just a big notch out of one of the antlers.

Well he didn't care dead was dead and that was his trophy. He pulled out his skinning knife, rolled the buck over to start to gut it when his trophy kicked him in the leg got up and run my way.

I'm walking towards brother when I see this huge 10 point running my direction. It saw me first and turned and went down the mountain to the next level. The next thing I see is brother running along behind it with riffle in one hand and skinning knife in the other hollering "Which way did it go?”
I just pointed down the mountain and at that moment we hear, bam, bam, bam, WhooooHooo!

Brother didn't even slow down, he just ran off the side mountain. He got to the buck about the same time the other hunter did and hollers "that's my buck". The other guy says "the heck it is I just shot it"

Brother says "that may be but look it's got my tag on the antler” Now you can only imagine the look on this guys face. After a moment of silence the other guy said. "Anyone who can tag one on the run like that deserves the deer"

Apparently brothers shot hit the buck’s antler and knocked him out cold. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:23 AM
B&C 140 Class

That is one of the best if not the best stories I have ever heard.