Santa Barbar rifle in 7 mm Remington Magnum - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Rifle Hunting
Rifle Hunting Discuss Rifle Season topics

Old 06-07-2014, 02:28 PM
Scrub Buck

I'm trying to convince the seller to be the rifle 7 mm Remington Magnum which he sold me. I failed to trust the 270 Winchester, 7 MRI has greater reach, increased energy, shoot heavier bullets and more variety of tips for him. I have it hard because the seller is not willing to sell, if so I think I will give up the purchase of the 270 Santa Barbara Winchester and find another rifle, I like the Winchester 70 Ultimate Shadow in Spain although I have seen 270 WSM and 300 WM but not in 7 RM that is what interests me. We'll see how it all happens.

Oscar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2014, 09:41 PM
B&C 120 Class

I'd pine after that Santa Barbara Mauser too. They were great rifles. And the 7mm Rem Mag is a classic cartridge that is suitable for all over the world. Hope it works out for you.
Old 06-08-2014, 03:46 AM
Scrub Buck

The bad; Friend is that the seller does not want to part of the rifle 7 RM and the of Winchester 270 will not be comfortable and to buy something better displeasure not buy anything. I'll keep saving and see if I find any rifle 7mm RM that is not too expensive and carry a Mauser action with passive ejector. The active ejector rifles do not like and why I have a Remington 700 when I bought it but did not know much about these things.

Oscar.

P.S: Sorry for my English, the google traductor is very bad. I hope you understand my post.
Old 06-08-2014, 06:27 AM
B&C 140 Class

Default Don't worry about your English Oscar.....

We are all gun nuts and shooters/hunters on this website, and will figure out what you are trying to say. I personally have taken Elk and Deer with a 30-06 here in the US and would not feel under gunned going after Elk again with a 270 Win, 280 Rem, or a 30-06. I personally think Magnums are not needed for Elk sized game. I think was going to be your original use of the new rifle. Let us know what you end up buying.

Karl
Old 06-10-2014, 04:40 PM
B&C 120 Class

Yup, what he said ^. The only reason for the "magnum" was to get .30-06 performance from the cartridge, and back in the day to create advertising bling with a new cartridge. That said, the 7mm Rem Mag is one of the all-time great cartridges. And no worries with your English at all. It's coming thru just fine.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:21 AM
Scrub Buck

Wink At the end one rifle in 300 Winchester Magnum.

Hello, because in the end neither, quite the contrary. I have found a rifle Santa Barbara resale in armory and for a very tempting price and I have booked. It is well-known in the 300 Winchester Magnum cartridge, with a barrel of 63 cms (24.3 inches) and is now finishing touch to save it because the dealer has in store for me and then keep saving to put a visor to Santa Barbara. Anyway, since I'll be telling you, I leave the link so you can see the armory rifle:

Armeria Egara - Rifle SANTA BARBARA

Oscar.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:35 AM

Nice looking rifle wish I saw this earlier but good gun & there is nothing wrong with the .270 Win. pretty much all I use I mostly stalk hunt too
7MM will be more then enough gun for what you will be using it for as would be the .270 as I get older I am enjoying a less recoil gun more & more last year I started hunting with my daughters .308 & still thinking of buying one for myself

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright