Shooting Range? - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Rifle Hunting
Rifle Hunting Discuss Rifle Season topics

Old 03-07-2008, 09:33 PM
B&C 140 Class

Default Shooting Range?

Just wondering what you guys have for shooting facilities and what distances do you practice shooting? I belong to a club that has a range with dozens of bays, covered benches and targets set out to 500 yards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2008, 09:52 PM

Our club has several covered ranges, 100,200.500 yds. They also have an old west town built for the black powder shooters. We have skeet, and an archery walking 3-D range, all this with dues at only 50/year.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:03 AM

Sounds like you fellows have a good set-up. We have this place way out in the sticks. Probably 5 covered sheds, but the most distance we can get is about 100-150 yds. The guy that owns the farm has a sign up in his driveway that says "Please drop 5 bucks in the mailbox if your using the shooting range."
Old 03-08-2008, 01:55 PM
B&C 140 Class

You guys are so lucky. The only range in Md. is 100 yards. I have to go out on one of my farms to practice longer ranges. It use to be a real pain before laser range finders. Folding picnic tables and sand bags.
Old 03-08-2008, 04:58 PM
Scrub Buck

I shoot athe sporstman club down near my in laws. They have 2 trap, 2 skeet ranges, bow range, covered handgun range, 1 open air 100yd rifle range, and a covered 16 bench rifle range with berms starting at 25 yds out to 500 yds. Nice complex for $50 a year.

benches (2).jpg
Old 03-08-2008, 05:52 PM
B&C 180 Class

lots of ranges all different types
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 03-09-2008, 07:00 AM
B&C 140 Class

I Have A Shooting Range That I Made Behind My House I Can Shoot Up To 200yrds.there Are A Couple Of Shooting Ranges Around Here But I'm To Cheap To Join Lol.mine Works Just Fine.
Old 03-09-2008, 02:56 PM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITETAILFEVER View Post
I Have A Shooting Range That I Made Behind My House I Can Shoot Up To 200yrds.there Are A Couple Of Shooting Ranges Around Here But I'm To Cheap To Join Lol.mine Works Just Fine.
"if its free its for me" i agree 100%
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 03-09-2008, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITETAILFEVER View Post
That's my basic setup too. I'll use the tail gate of my truck with a chair and some old pillows and sandbags.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:11 PM
B&C 160 Class

Me too. I target shoot off the back deck into the hill behind the pond. I did go to an indoor range the other day that was a nice set up for pistols. They had 6 stalls and the automated target lines that brought the target to you. It was a first for me I enjoyed it. I don't shoot a lot of pistols and still qualified with 92% out to 15 yards.