Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   Rifle Hunting (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/rifle-hunting/)
-   -   Winchester Sxr 300wsm (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/rifle-hunting/1461-winchester-sxr-300wsm.html)

WHITETAILFEVER 01-22-2008 07:53 AM

Winchester Sxr 300wsm

I Just Bought The Nw Winchester Sxr In A 300wsm Does Anybody Have One Of These Guns?how Does It Shoot?i Do My Own Reloading Does Anybody Have A Good Load For This Cal?thanks Whitetailfever

onehorse 01-22-2008 09:45 PM

I don't have a Winchester, but bought a Rem Model 7 in 300WSM last year. I'm still working on loads for it. The Hodgdon and Barnes web sites give loading data for this caliber. Currently, I am using Nosler 180 grain AccuBonds with 63 grains of H 4350, Federal brass and Winchester mag rifle primers. I'm getting good groups, but not yet the consistent sub minute that I think this gun will do with the right "Tweeking." Let me know how you are doing with this.

WHITETAILFEVER 01-23-2008 07:39 AM

Thanks Onehorse For The Load Info I'll Be Trying It Out.i Havn't Shot My Sxr Yet But When I Do I'll Let You Know.they Claim For A Semi Auto That It Will Get Sub Minute Acc.i'm Hopeing.i Guess Browning And Winchester Are One Now.my Sxr Is A Twin To The Bar And 200.00 Cheaper

onehorse 01-23-2008 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHITETAILFEVER (Post 9110)
Thanks Onehorse For The Load Info I'll Be Trying It Out.i Havn't Shot My Sxr Yet But When I Do I'll Let You Know.they Claim For A Semi Auto That It Will Get Sub Minute Acc.i'm Hopeing.i Guess Browning And Winchester Are One Now.my Sxr Is A Twin To The Bar And 200.00 Cheaper

You asked what people used for loads in that caliber, but you might want to work up to the 63 grains of H4350. That load is only one grain shy of max, and I'm not sure what your auto loader can handle. Any way, it's always safer to start low and work up.

WHITETAILFEVER 01-23-2008 08:20 AM

Oh Yeah I Allways Start Low On My Loads.in Fact I Have A Old Winchester Model 100 Semi Auto 308 That I Use. My First Starting Load With That Was Sweet!!3/4 In Groups At100yds.very Good For A Old Semi Auto.but In Another Case I Had To Load My Tc Encore 300win Mag To The Max To Achieve The Accuracy That Was Acceptible For Me.i Am Very Fusy Because Having A Gun That Shoots Very Good Gives A Person Alot Of Confedence In His Gun And I Would Sacrifice Speed Over Acc Anyday.talk To You Soon.

joel the signman 01-23-2008 12:05 PM

seems like im missing out by not reloading my own stuff.with the price of ammo i just may start

wmi 01-23-2008 03:03 PM

Does anyone here know a good place for accurizing work? Have a 7mm ultra mag that I would like to sup-up. Have done the trigger work but would like the rest of the bells and whistles.

onehorse 01-23-2008 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joel the signman (Post 9123)
seems like im missing out by not reloading my own stuff.with the price of ammo i just may start

Right, Signman, I do it because it cost a whole lot less. Back when I started handloading, it was common to be able to load bullets that were more accurate than what could be purchased. Honestly, I don't think that's true any more, what with all the premium bullets out there. Trouble is, some of those cost a small fortune - $50 a box and more! So, I keep cranking out my obsolete equipment and do it myself. Of course, when you do that, there's a lot of satisfaction when you start seeing groups of 1 inch or less, not to mention just the fun of doing it.

WHITETAILFEVER 01-23-2008 11:13 PM

I'm With You Onehorse.i'm Fairly New At The Reloading Maybe 5yrs Or So But It Is Really Fun To Do And I Think More Rewarding When I Harvest A Deer With My Own Reloads.it Cost A Fair Amount Of Money To Get Stated But Well Worth Its Weight In Gold So To Speek.you Can Really Fine Tune Just About Any Cal.

joel the signman 01-24-2008 12:24 PM

i used to get the "blue press"it was full of reloading stuff .amongst other things:whistling: