Warning about Rich's Hunting Adventures - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Rifle Hunting
Rifle Hunting Discuss Rifle Season topics

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 03:11 AM
Scrub Buck

Default Warning about Rich's Hunting Adventures

Just a warning to my fellow hunters - I booked a hunt in Craig Colorado in January of this year with Rich Botta of Rich's Hunting Adventures out of New York. I gave him a $2000.00 deposit. He cashed my check. After ten months with no response to e-mails, calls, or texts, two weeks before the hunt, he tells me he has no hunts in Craig. Says I can hunt in Mexico! No offer made to hunt in the U.S. as a replacement. I asked for my deposit back, he texted “lol”. He has kept my deposit.

Sled Reynolds
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2013, 07:50 AM

Your story and his story don't seem to jive at all. http://bowsite.com/bowsite/outfitter...?reportid=2438

And Now, after looking at the outfitters activity on Ebay it looks like he has many happy Clients. I don't know what happened between you and him
but I hope you find a way to just let it go and move on in peace and always keep reminded that if he did wrong by you, somehow it will catch up with him, it always does. Good Luck

Old 11-02-2013, 06:16 AM
Scrub Buck

Bruce - Thanks for the comment. Have a great weekend.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:37 PM
B&C 120 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBruce1959 View Post
...but I hope you find a way to just let it go and move on ...
You would just shrug off $2000? Can you send me a check for that much then?
Old 11-06-2013, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion8 View Post
You would just shrug off $2000? Can you send me a check for that much then?
No I wouldn't be happy about losing 2 grand at all but I'm not the type to send out a 2 grand deposit to hunt wildlife either and by sending it out you pretty much know and assume the risks of losing it right from the start.

And this is the type of story I hope more people hear about because personally, I've never been a fan of outfitter/guide services for wildlife, Paying to kill wildlife is just bad business as far as I'm concerned, it really shocks me to hear about how many get trapped into these type of stories/situations but in the long run I think it's better to just cut your loss and move on because I bet the outfitter never gives it another thought, that's my opinion.

Old 11-06-2013, 04:59 PM
B&C 140 Class

Default I would be scared going through a broker for a big hunt

I am lucky to have gone on two fully guided/outfitted horseback hunts in Idaho. I met the Outfitter at a sport show here in MN and he was accurate as to what I should expect. If I had the money I would like to book again through his outfit but I think he is out of business. To much overhead for what they can make from clients. If a person wanted to hunt overseas on the African Continent I think you have to use a broker or booking agent to set up the hunt for you.

Karl
Old 01-15-2014, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

Default sled is lying

Hi Im Rich Botta, Hunter Sled Reynolds booked a hunt with me. Let me explian to you what is really going on Sled and a group of 6 of his friends booked a trip with me in 2012 and in craig colorado and everyone tagged out. So he wanted to book a hunt in 2013 in Colorado again but with a different guide. So I recommended an outfitter in Trinidad Colorado and he said he didn’t want to go there, then I mentioned sand hills Nebraska,Montana,Utahan,Alberta,Saskatchewan Canada and Mexico and he said no to all of these. He wanted a hunt in craig clorado because he found out a friend was going with a different outfitter and just wanted his money back. We do not give refunds if we have the hunt you booked for. Well a few days later he started posting lies about me ( saying I don not have hunts for mule deer in the US) which I do many as mentioned above!! I also have outfiitters that will testify that we did have openings this fall for mule deer you may call them if you like I even had a hunt for him in Colorado in Trinidad. Sled went to all the forums and posted lies about me. In December. I sent sled a messege stating that I would refund him entirely the $2000 if he would stop the games and take all the posts down as they are not true. He did not respond instead he posted more lies about me !!! THE OFFER IS STILL THERE SLED IF YOU TAKE DOWN THE LIES YOU WROTE ABOUT ME ON ALL THE FORUMS I WILL SEND YOU A CHECK FOR $2000 OVERNIGHT!!! also what everyone does not realize here is that sled is a wealthy man he works in hollywood 2k is nothing for him he just wants to be a pain he actually told me he hired a kid to go online and talk bad about me all over the internet . Sled does not even know what he wrote!!!! and for everyone taking his side without evening know the whole story you should know your facts first and BTW when booking with me you speak with the outfitter before booking a hunt anyeways the outfitter wants to see if you a good match for him and if he is a match for you.. And for people saying why use a booking agent??? well what you do not know is all the time and money we spend going on horrible trips!!! getting scammed by outfitters losing over 20K ayear just so our clients can be happy and have a great hunt. We have been in business for over 12 years and as you see there are not many bad reviews online only the same 2 guys over and over again!!!!FUNNY THINGS ABOUT HAPPY CLIENTS THEY NEVER CALL YOU BACK AFTER A HUNT THE ONLY PEOPLE YOU HEAR FROM ARE THE UNHAPPY ONES :). I WILL START GETTING MY OLD CLIENTS AND NEW CLIENTS TO START WRITING FORUMS ABOUT ME ON HOW GREAT MY HUNTS ARE I DESERVE THAT WITH ALL THE WORK I PUT IN. FEEL FREE TO TALK TO MY OUTFITTERS THEY WILL TESTIFY FOR ME , I SEND THEM MANY HAPPY HUNTERS. please feel free inbox me with questions or concerns im really disappointed how this turned out and would like to resolve this issue but its a 2way st here. Sled went on 30+sites and lied on all them be a man take everything down and I will send back your deposit!!!!
Rich
Old 01-16-2014, 07:08 AM

If your facts are true a simple law suit would silence him. You have been financially affected and thus constitutes grounds for recovery. There are two sides to every argument and I would like to hear from the other side. I will hopefully use an outfitter for caribou in the near future. Many hunters use outfitters and I have no problem with that. If I wanted to shoot a record book animal I would book an outfitter after much investigation and homework. I think a court of law will resolve the problem.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:11 AM

All I can say is, How difficult is it to sit down write out a "REFUND" check, mail it out and be done with this nonsense?
At least that way you can photocopy your returned check front and back to prove you refunded your clients money.
you'll have a photo (front and back) of the returned check to be able to post wherever you think this client has done you harm.
That's how to satisfy this situation.

P.S. "NO REFUND" policies (on ridiculous deposit amounts) are poor business practices,
I know many businesses use them but using them doesn't imply they are good practice.
a no refund policy means Greed, greed can cause any business to fail.

I don't believe an outfitter should ever demand such high deposits, I would rather be known as the outfitter that "WILL GIVE" refunds rather than
the greedy outfitter that won't. On the other hand I understand cancellations can cause losses sometimes so a "SMALL" non refundable deposit
would be more acceptable for all. Bottom line is you kept your clients money for "nothing".

Good Luck

Old 01-16-2014, 10:46 AM

just based upon the above post by the outfitter I wouldn't use him. I don't see much professionalism in his post regardless of the other party.
Closed Thread