Warning about Rich's Hunting Adventures - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Rifle Hunting
Rifle Hunting Discuss Rifle Season topics

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 09:40 PM
B&C 140 Class

Default Go for the High Road....

There are two stories here, only two people will ever know what the real truth is. To the Booking Agent I would recommend that you "Take the High Road" refund the hunter's deposit and just move past this. It doesn't matter who is "Right" just refund the money. Even if the Hunter is wealthy it doesn't matter. To the Agent I hope that your business continues to do well. To the Hunter may your next hunt be what you dreamed about.

Karl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2014, 05:52 AM

yup I agree, neither party did a very good job! As a supplier you always need to remember where the money comes from and protect the long haul.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:40 AM
B&C 100 Class

Rich Botta has an F rating with the BBB:

rich's hunting adventures Review - HUNTING & FISHING SERVICES in New City , NY - BBB Business Review - BBB serving Metropolitan New York, Long Island, and the Mid-Hudson Region

There is this on Bowsite:

Quote:
DO NOT USE THIS STUTTERING CON ARTIST. Myself and friend made the mistake of booking with this ahole in 2009 a couple of years ago for a late season Iowa buck hunt, semiguided on private farms. I posted a full review on Nexthunt.com and Bowsite.com. And just recently within the past week I have been contacted by two other people who were also ripped off. HE IS A LIAR and never refunded my money..............on a hunt where we never even go to hunt because he tried to have some guy sneak us on private property where we would have been arrested. If you have any question email me at magnum72576yahoo.com. TONY
http://www.bowsite.com/bowsite/OUTFI...?reportid=2438

And there is this:

Booking a hunt through Rich Botta - 24hourcampfire

If it looks like a skunk, acts like a skunk and smells like a skunk; beware it may be a skunk.

Last edited by Falcon; 01-19-2014 at 11:43 AM.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

Default deposits?

he did not lose the deposit he can still go on the hunt, i even offered to send back the money if he stops lying and takes all the lies down!! we had a hunt for him in Trinidad Colorado and he did not want to go there anymore. We ended up eating 4 tags he is lying. He did not lose his deposit it can actually be used on any hunt i offer or i will send him back the money if he takes down the lies he has posted online
Rich
Old 01-24-2014, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

Default i do not have an f rating on BBB ???

and tony that called me a stuttering prick went on a trespass hunt in iowa expecting a fully guided hunt. I even offered to put him and his friend on another hunt and he said no. He actually called me up a year after and told me he has a bad temper and he was sorry. I even told him thats ok and that if he wanted i would discount his hunt. also tony sent me 600 apeice for him and his friend i only made $120 per guy and sent the rest to the outfitter he wanted me to pay what i sent to the guide. Please know your facts before making assuming something. Also i called up the BBB and i did not even know i had an f rating i called them up and cleared that up, I have been in business for 12 years imagine all the people i sent out on hunts and to only have i group in colorado and tony on the iowa hunt to talk bad about me what does that tell you?
Rich
Old 01-24-2014, 01:23 PM

Everyone using a guide service needs to do their homework very carefully. I think we have given enough free air time on this subject so let's put it to rest. We probably made a mistake allowing the subject and for that I am sorry to the membership. GFD2 you were right!!!
Old 01-24-2014, 03:12 PM

Thread closed !!!

I agree with Hunting Man. The DHC members have heard enough. Please move on and take the Drama with you. Thank You

Closed Thread