Deer Hunting Forums banner

Just bought a new rifle

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  caseburkhead 
#1 ·
I spent my christmas money on a weatherby vanguard .300 weatherby. For a scope i picked up a nc star 4x16x50. What are yalls opinion on these rifles, it looks like it has only been shot a handful of times and it was only 320.00 bucks. thanks

#2 ·
What anybody else thinks about your rifle is not important. What they (and you) think about how well you shoot your rifle is the only important thing. Have you shot your rifle yet? Tell us what you plan to hunt with this rifle and the hunting conditions (range, terrain, etc.) I'll tell you what I think about the price - it sounds great!

#3 ·
I think the price was right. The vanguard series was a very good bargain rifle from Weatherby. I believe it has a three lug bolt vs a nine lug as in the Mark V rifle. I think you made a good buy with a possible scope upgrade sometime down the road. A friend of mine has a vanguard in 270 cal and likes it. They put nice wood in most of their guns. I happen to own 3 Mark V's in 270 cal. My dad got himself, my brother and I each one and now I have all three. All Weatherby's shoot well from my experience. Good luck with your new prize!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.