Finally....Bought my first rifle - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Rifle Hunting
Rifle Hunting Discuss Rifle Season topics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2007, 09:23 PM
B&C 100 Class

Default Finally....Bought my first rifle

Well I finally bit the bullet and purchased my first rifle today. After changing my mind about 5 times I ended up with a Browning A-bolt stainless in the .300 WSM caliber. I had my heart set on a Tikka T3 Stainless but after going to Dick's, Gander and 2 other local gun shops none of them carried what I was looking for and the 2 local shops gave me the run around about ordering one in, especially from Finland where the Tikkas are made. Luckliy I have a well respected/experienced hunter friend that was pushing me to get the Browning so I knew I was purchasing a decent rifle. It was a little more than I was planning on spending so it left me a little short on the scope but I had Dicks install a Nikon ProStaff 3x - 9x scope. This rifle is on the other end of the spectrum compared to the $315 Mossberg ATR 100 that I was going to originally get from Walmart, but I'm glad I spent a few extra $ for a better rifle. Hopefully I can get to the range tomorrow and dial this baby in!!! Thanks for everybodies input on a rookie's quest for his first rifle.