Is Trophy Scoring Fair? - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Rifle Hunting
Rifle Hunting Discuss Rifle Season topics

Old 12-21-2007, 12:54 PM
B&C 100 Class

P & C and B & C have pretty strict rules. i was looking on there at some records and they list their rules and also have one that is pretty open ended and they say that if they deam it an unfair chase they won't let it in. that was my take on it anyways
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2007, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNHunter View Post
P & C and B & C have pretty strict rules. i was looking on there at some records and they list their rules and also have one that is pretty open ended and they say that if they deam it an unfair chase they won't let it in. that was my take on it anyways

Yes Berk I did see your post but the sad part is, those Organizations do accept questionable entry's. let me give you just one Example Look at the second entry, It was PICKED UP, by the MO. Dept. of Cons. Is that Fair Chase? lol I don't think so, and that's a world record. Now that's just ONE Example Advertised at their own site but I betcha once it's brought to their attention and it's noted that it was commented on, it will magically become hidden from public view.. that's how those sort of things happen.

Old 12-21-2007, 01:42 PM

Good Posts by all. Fenced in deer is not fair chase. And in my book paying money to hunt bucks in a non-fenced deer farm is a little suspect in my book. I am not downing the older guys or handicap hunters that hunt these farms at all. But your everyday healthy hunter should feel a little guilty about shooting a massive buck that he paid high dollar to shoot. Fenced or not fenced!!! I have always thought it would be cool to go to a ranch and just shoot a management deer but I have wondered if I would get any enjoyment out of it at all. I can just see it now. I would have it mounted on my wall and some friends would come over. "See that buck I shot him on a paid manangement hunt up north on a deer farm." I would not be proud of that.

I do know B&C and P&Y are not suppose to have high fence deer in their record buck. I do see what your saying about the deer that was found though Bruce. They have another scoring system for high fenced deer. I think it is called S&Y or S&I or something close to that.

Just enjoy hunting in its purest form. Whether it be a doe or whatever.
Old 12-21-2007, 03:01 PM

Yeah I see the advertising in books, TV, and online for the outfitters that state "we grow and manage only the healthiest and biggest herds on our 16,000 acre RANCH, and we have a 100% kill rate." (end quote). Yup give us $2,500 and well practically bring the deer to you and put it in your truck. Jeez I think that most of the TV shows are on ranches and farms.
Old 12-21-2007, 03:05 PM
B&C 100 Class

i understand your argument and i agree to a point. as far deer that are found goes it should be in. let me explain. when deer are entered into a record book its the deer not the hunter that is the trophey. example,the hole in the horn buckm was found along the railroad tracks here in ohio. the deer is massive, wasnt raised to be that way its just a free ranging deer,but because it didnt die at the hands of a hunter doesnt make less of a trophy. remember the point of these organizations is celebrate trophy free ranging animals not the way they died.
Old 12-21-2007, 03:07 PM
B&C 100 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberghost View Post
Yeah I see the advertising in books, TV, and online for the outfitters that state "we grow and manage only the healthiest and biggest herds on our 16,000 acre RANCH, and we have a 100% kill rate." (end quote). Yup give us $2,500 and well practically bring the deer to you and put it in your truck. Jeez I think that most of the TV shows are on ranches and farms.
any thing killed on these ranches wont go in the record books because theire not free rang fairchase deer.
Old 12-21-2007, 03:10 PM
B&C 120 Class

well I see what your sayin ya know I actually enjoyed being on a no fenced ranch but I mean if our friend buys it we can hunt there for free and well you cant really turn that down and the owner said he had never seen the deer my little bro shot in the 7 years hes been there but most the time we sat there you could predict where the deer you saw would be the next morning cause all they do is run around in circiles and it is really likly you would see some deer youve seen before and I miss hunting on a no fence ranch because allthough it was like clock work what time and wich way the deer would come in and leave there was variety every hunt but that ranch was 10 sections and then when we hunted a 1 section ranch we always saw the same deer exept the last day of the season my dad killed a prettynice 9 point,so thats what I think
Old 12-21-2007, 03:16 PM
B&C 100 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdstan512 View Post
well I see what your sayin ya know I actually enjoyed being on a no fenced ranch but I mean if our friend buys it we can hunt there for free and well you cant really turn that down and the owner said he had never seen the deer my little bro shot in the 7 years hes been there but most the time we sat there you could predict where the deer you saw would be the next morning cause all they do is run around in circiles and it is really likly you would see some deer youve seen before and I miss hunting on a no fence ranch because allthough it was like clock work what time and wich way the deer would come in and leave there was variety every hunt but that ranch was 10 sections and then when we hunted a 1 section ranch we always saw the same deer exept the last day of the season my dad killed a prettynice 9 point,so thats what I think
your a luckey man to have such a nice place to hunt.wether you kill a big deer that can go into the record book or not its the expierence that you will remember. i rember the first deer that i took with a bow(doe) and i will never forget it.that was a trophey moment to me.
Old 12-21-2007, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberghost View Post

Man timberghost the 80's called they want their hunt rate schedule back LOL
Some ranches now charge between 7 and 10 thousand Dollars to harvest trophy Whitetail Bucks.
Just this morning I was reading an advertisement about a Ranch that wants 7500.00 Dollars to kill a 170 class B&C Deer. isn't that disgusting?

Old 12-21-2007, 03:50 PM
B&C 100 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBruce1959 View Post
It upsets me to think that many hunters, (mostly the self proclaimed "Professionals") go and pay to hunt for animals, mostly Whitetail Deer at some Outfitters that's been raising and feeding deer specifically for massive antler development and THEN,
has the nerve to SCORE those deer for B&C or P&Y entries. How Sickening is that?
Shouldn't B&C or P&Y be strictly for animals that have been hunted by fair chase?
ANYBODY can go and BUY an Outfitter raised Deer BUT unless it's been harvested from the great Wild of Outdoors and not from caged or fenced in properties, It should have no place in B&C or P&Y and Hunters should start making demands to have those entries removed or Create other categories for those type of Entries,
Like ("B&D", Bought Deer) or the one I see as most fitting a category called ("P&P", Professionally Purchased)
The self proclaimed pro's should lower their heads in shame for entering outfitter raised Animals into either of those Registers, You would think by now a "PRO" would know the difference's between a real Trophy and a PRIZE. How's everyone else feel about this?

I AGREE 100%

work to live
live to hunt...