Trail Monitoring System - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Rifle Hunting
Rifle Hunting Discuss Rifle Season topics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2007, 07:46 PM
B&C 100 Class

Default Trail Monitoring System

Anybody tried those trail monitoring system that let you know if a deer is coming your way via a reciever that clips your belt. The only reason I ask is because I'm new to hunting and just recently had my first hunt in a pop up ground blind and loved it other than a few things. Where I hunt and will be hunting in the future there is a hill about 30yrds to the south, very thick tree/brush line to the west about 10 yrds away, there is field about 75yrds to the east and a road about 80 yrds to the north. So needless to say I don't have much notice if one is coming my way. I will not hunt in a stand due to a death of a close friend who fell out of one during bow season. Where I'm setup I really depend on sound to here if something is coming my way, and with the wind and the propane heater going it's tough to hear every little foot step. so I saw one of these in Cabelas and thought that would be a good way to know what direction a deer is going so I constantly don't have to keep looking all the over the place and scanning 360 degrees every second.