Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   Rifle Hunting (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/rifle-hunting/)
-   -   Crazy people (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/rifle-hunting/1174-crazy-people.html)

bigdog 12-01-2007 05:48 PM

Crazy people

Hi Guys

I'm new here and also to the area I live in. We moved up from southern Indiana to northern Indiana. Down home the deer were plentiful and I could always fill three tags in a day or two. I was primed up for this season around the Warsaw Indiana area. Opening day it was like WAR broke out. Hunters blasting away at running deer 200 yards away. Hunters running across the fields chasing and firing at deer off hand on the run at running deer. It was insane and it's been going on now for two weeks no let up. Does anyone else see this in there area or am I just surrounded by idiots. Do I need to get a bullet proof vest and Kevlar helmet for next season. HA HA Sorry to ramble on with my first post but I am just so freaked with all this. There's a lot of woods down south and you were lucky to ever see another hunter. It will be interesting to hear about your area.

AJHunter 12-01-2007 06:13 PM

Don't Have That Problem Here In Maine Bigdog, At Least Not In My Neck Of The Woods Anyway. Sounds Like You Need To Be Careful. Welcome To The Club, And Thanks For The Post.

AJHunter

buckslayer30/06 12-01-2007 06:14 PM

welcome to the club........ believe it or not there are people like that in every state i have seen some of them before but that was before i bought my own land. i suggest you do the same if your budget will allow it...

happy hunting!!!

joel the signman 12-01-2007 07:00 PM

welcome to the club that kind of behavior is scary contact the local authorities somebodies gonna get killed.

timberghost 12-01-2007 08:35 PM

What's up bigdog, wecome to the forum. I see people doing similar things around here. Like walking aimlessly through the woods, making all kinds of noise not even attemping a quiet stalk. It's like theyre just there to interfere with everybody elses hunt.

bigdog 12-02-2007 05:40 AM

Thanks for the welcome guys it looks like a great forum. I'm hoping to buy some land up here someday. I had 80 acres down south with 6000 of government land surrounding it. It's very expensive up here though and may take me a while. I'm a dog trainer by profession and it will take me a while to work up a customer base. I'm done for this year and am going to look for a better place for next years hunt. Glad to find this forum though.

Bigdog

stjones1102 12-02-2007 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joel the signman (Post 6608)
welcome to the club that kind of behavior is scary contact the local authorities somebodies gonna get killed.

haha, that may not be so bad, some of the more stupid ones get shot weeds them out, helps out the general population. Think of it as skimming the gene pool. lol j/k

buckfever 12-02-2007 08:03 AM

Yeah I am out on hunting around folks like that. Its worth the money to me to lease some private land just for the extra safety.

bigdog 12-02-2007 11:26 AM

Jones that was to funny. Your right maybe in a few years I won't need to worry about them. I will look into leasing some land. What is the average cost of doing this or does the area dictate.

critter gitter 12-02-2007 05:03 PM

welcome aboard bigdog