Deer Hunting Forums banner

Left handed Rifles?

15K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  stjones1102 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, I am interested in buying a rifle...but I hardly know anything about them. All I know for sure I want
  • to make a clean kill up to 200 yards away or more
  • something that would be nice to use during target shooting
  • Would be nice to have a chamber in it
  • left handed
Now..I just noticed when I was looking on the internet. They make left handed scopes to. Any point of view on that? I would think left handed and right handed scopes would be the same?

Any input?

#4 ·
I have a somewhat painful response for you. Afew years ago I had 5 deer crashing around my stand and the one doing most of the crashing was a fine looking 8 pt and I was trying like heck to squirm silently in the stand to get a shot. Well after most of the deer ran off the buck stopped about 75 yds to my right, way right. So instead of trying to twist myself in half trying get a right handed shot I thought I'd be clever and pull off a lefty shot. I aimed steadily just like normal and shot. I hit the buck far back (guts) and he went tearing off crazily and I knew that I was in trouble. I gave quite some time then went to look for blood, tracks, fur, anything. I found a slight trail of blood and tracks and moved on it just a little ways and I ended up kicking the deer up with hid guts literally dragging on the ground. Right then and there I backed out, went home and called my old man. We looked for 2 days and found nothing and we were both very familiar with the area. A long story but I learned that my first time shooting left was my last time. I don't know if it was a case of what eyes dominant or the scope was adjusted to my right eye or what?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.