what am I doing wrong? - Page 4 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Rifle Hunting
Rifle Hunting Discuss Rifle Season topics

Old 12-04-2007, 05:40 PM
B&C 180 Class

can you move the feeder?if so move it so it takes them longer to do all that travelling. ie;bring it closer to you
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2007, 11:36 PM
B&C 100 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel the signman View Post
can you move the feeder?if so move it so it takes them longer to do all that travelling. ie;bring it closer to you
Not really, theres not anyother good places to put it closer to me. But im thinking about seting up in the first clearing they come to before they get to the tank, and mybe catch them on the trip back to where they are beding down at.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:51 PM
B&C 180 Class

or try those land mines or granade launcher
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 12-08-2007, 04:00 PM
B&C 100 Class

lol Iv been thinkin about a small tracking device and paint it yellow and put it in with the corn. . . but that sounds a little out there.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:35 PM
Scrub Buck

TRY HUNTING FROM 10AM UNTIL 3 PM I HAVE TAKEN DEER IN THAT TIME PERIOD WHEN OTHERS AARE LEAVING THE WOODS I AM JUST ARRIVING
Old 12-15-2007, 02:53 AM
B&C 180 Class

i find that to be a good time to hunt also.Its also easier than getting up at 4 am to go hunting
Old 01-12-2009, 02:14 PM
Scrub Buck

Default What am I doing wrong

Hello fellow hunters. I have been deer hunting about 5 years now, I started after losing my leg in a hit and run motorcycle accident. The first year I killed a doe drive hunting with dogs (shotgun), the second and third years I killed quite a few stalk hunting (rifle), even my first 7 pointer but the last couple of years it has been extremely slow.

Let me get to the point: I'm a smoker, I try not to smoke in the woods but I have been smoking a deer come 20 ft away. I have parked my 4 wheeler 10 feet away and killed deer, but lately I try to do everything (scent, not smoking, etc) and NOTHING... There are so many versions of the right thing to do...any suggestions?
Old 01-12-2009, 07:54 PM
B&C 100 Class

The size of the poop pile does not tell you how big the animal is but it can tell you if they are getting enough food or if they have mal-nutrition.