Acu- Sight lazer bore sighting - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Rifle Hunting
Rifle Hunting Discuss Rifle Season topics

Old 11-19-2007, 10:07 PM
Scrub Buck

Question Acu- Sight lazer bore sighting

I hunt from a deer blind and shoot at 80-100 yards. Does the Acu-Sight lazer bore sight system work as they say it does. They claim I can use it instead of going to rifle range and firing gun to sight in scope. Any one use this system?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2007, 09:04 AM

I have not used that brand bore sight set-up but i would still shoot my gun at a range after you laser sight it. for example. i used a laser bore sight on my new gun. the directions say 2 inches high at 10 meters for it to be dead on at 100 yds. I did that and also checked my other guns to see where they were at with the laser. They were all 2 inches low. So i took them to the range and found out my old guns that were 2 inches low with the laser where still dead on target. I shot my new one for the first time and was way high. I dont mean a little high, I mean almost 14 inches high at 100 yds. Needless to say if I had trusted my laser sight system I would have shot over a deer. Good laser bore sights will usually put you close so your hitting paper but I would not trust the accuracy of the gun till i took it to a range.

thanks for joining up. hope you enjoy the site.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:33 AM

Hey joegrammier and welcome to the site. Sorry to say that I have never used the laser bore sight. It sounds like an easy and simple way to sight in but I always rely on the 100 yard shots on the 1 inch increment paper targets. That way I feel more confident about my rifle and accuracy.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:42 PM
Scrub Buck

Question acru-sight lazer bore sighting

Thanks for replys and I agree, I always sight rifle in at range. This is a different type of bore sight and I was just seeing if anyone has tried this one. This is quote from their ad dont know if it is true........ The Acu-Sight lazer bore sighting system will produce a beam through the gun barrel onto your target. The gun sight can then be realigned exactly onto the bore sight dot for absolute "dead on" accuracy. NO ERROR- NO TEST FIRING REQUIRED. The acu-sight is containerized similar to a cartridge and fits directly into the chamber of the rifle. When the slide or bolt is closed the lazer is activated and shines its beam directly down the barrel exactly on the bore line. Between 50 feet and 125 yards there is no adjustment needed for the index of drop for the projectile.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:41 AM

It sounds good!! But i would still have to shoot it first.