Opinions on dipping (chewing tobacco) while hunting? - Page 4 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Rifle Hunting
Rifle Hunting Discuss Rifle Season topics

Old 11-12-2011, 10:20 AM
Tony sparrow

Arrow Common sense is so i

Common sense is so important. For one it saves time traniing an individual if they can use common sense to evaluate a task. Can they use their common sense instead of having to ask a co-worker/management (use their initiative)?Quite often at work I exclaim (in my head) How thick can they be? , when actually this translates to Why didn't they use common sense and do this correctly? Sometimes it is hard to tell the difference between having no common sense and being plain lazy until you get to know the individual. As an employer you don't want to waste time on either though.

Last edited by Hendra; 04-19-2014 at 04:03 PM. Reason: I6TAOtHtvc
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2011, 11:15 AM
B&C 100 Class

I have been chewing Cope on and off for 10 years have quit once or twice last one lasting me 2 years until my next Military Deployment. It is very hard to quit all good luck with quitting. I have hunted with it and without it. Deer match scent to a specific incident or experience. If they have learned to associate the smell of chew before to danger they will take off. They also may be curious if it is there first time smelling it they may investigate but do so cautiously. Deer are just like us they have to learn and associate the smells to danger predator or Safety.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:44 PM
Bear Jones/Calvin,Ok

Thumbs down Hi Dr. Ptaszynski!

Hi Dr. Ptaszynski! Thank you, again, so very much for your very dynamic and most iotrnmafive Victim course. I gave you rave reviews to my co-workers! I would just like to leave you one comment that I did not write down last night. The only thing I would like to suggest is that at the end of the course when the participants are asked to fill out the evaluation form, I think at least a 5 minute quiet period should be allowed for one to think clearly and fill in the form. Last night, things seemed to close and talking and a lot of activity, and I felt hurried to complete the form and could have done a better job to reflect my thoughts. Maybe I'm just one who needs a little quiet with a thinking task at hand, but that is my only suggestion. Again, great job and continued success to you in your retirement!!

Last edited by James; 04-19-2014 at 11:26 PM. Reason: 12RiuTVwCs
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:33 PM
B&C 120 Class

Wrong Tator. Regs don't say a thing about who owns the land. The focus is on the use of a vehicle, not where you are. That includes a boat or an ATV.

As for the dippin...been spittin on em and at em for years. never spooked one yet but I have had em lick it.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:42 PM
B&C 100 Class

Killed two this year with Beechnut in my mouth.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:38 PM

I'm hoping that all this talk doesn't sway any youth to take up the habit. To each their own but promoting it doesn't sit well with me. Sorry if I rile any feathers but I'd like to see something else discussed. HM
Old 12-06-2011, 07:59 PM
B&C 140 Class

None of us mind BUD LIGHT commercials, but know we cannot partake as we hunt. Grown up decisions are for grown-ups, go figure!!

I had 4 deer walk thru my spit "field" while they were feeding this year and not pay one ounce of attention. Oh, and it was directly underneath my stand.

Spit, DON'T spit, no spit off my back. But kids.... think about things before you choose to do something that can be harmful to your health. Although it's not nearly as harmful as riding in a car for you
Old 12-12-2011, 09:34 PM
B&C 100 Class

I have killed 3 deer in my modest hunting career. I wash, spray, etc. and dip in the stand. I have killed all 3 with a dip in and have seen alot of deer while dipping. It seems to me, just an observation not a fact, that alot of the deer I see walking through the woods walk with the wind. In saying that, the dip on the ground MAY make them more cautious, because it is a foreign odor. If they don't see you, hear you, or someone else, they don't seem to mind. I have had does walk through a spit spot on the ground, smell it, get antsy, and then calm down and keep on doing what they were doing. Just my opinion.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:23 AM

Man you guys are going to get me chewing if this keeps up
Old 12-13-2011, 03:55 PM
Scrub Buck

Not saying it's a good thing, but I do have a dip in whenever I am on stand. Have had deer walk under and not know I was there and have had deer walk under and blow up.