Opinions on dipping (chewing tobacco) while hunting? - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Rifle Hunting
Rifle Hunting Discuss Rifle Season topics

Old 11-08-2009, 08:53 AM
ronn

Unhappy I prefer your other

I prefer your other one. If you have the rifle on you, I don't think you need to worry about kepieng your 1911 concealed.Any Picture with a 1911 is a good picture.Still I must point out that you quite photogenic no matter the pic or pose.-Weer'd

Last edited by Sayed; 04-18-2014 at 05:27 AM. Reason: tFXs30iN
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2010, 09:20 AM
Scrub Buck

Default dip opinion

I have A dip in everytime I'm in a stand, wheather or not I spit in a bottle or on the ground. I hunt with people that smmoke and dip in the stand and we kill more deer than you could think of. I had a pinch of skoal berry in and had this 225lbs 10pointer walk right up to me 50 yrds away and kept eating so I blasted him. I don't think it bothers them but just my opinion.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:37 PM
B&C 100 Class

I can honestly say that in the last 15 years I have not killed a deer without a mouth full of Redman Golden Blend... I dont hunt with out it.
I actually have caught spittle in a jug for weeks on end and dumped it on the ground around my stand or dipped rags in it and hung them from a limb and the deer tear the groud up or pull the rag down. Ive watched a doe rear up on her hind legs to get at the Rag. Im just sayin!!!
Old 01-01-2011, 11:24 AM
B&C 180 Class

I wouldn't do it. It would seem pretty pointless to me to spend all that time washing my clothes and gear in scent free stuff and then taking a hot shower in scent free soap and then spraying down with scent free spray and then throwing in a dip. I don't chew, but if I did, I wouldn't while hunting.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:40 PM
Scrub Buck

if u keep the wind in ur favor u have nothing to worry about ,i have killed a pile of deer and everyone i had either red man goldenblend or kodiak in my mouth,besides the is too much hype on scent, scent lok clothing is abunch of BS. shower ,wash ur clothes in scent wash,spray down and the golden rule keep the wind in ur favor and u will have no problems killing any deer
Old 01-22-2011, 06:02 PM
B&C 100 Class

i use snuff or dip and i shot all my deer with a dip in my mouth the 11pt in my profile picture ran up to me while dipping and the wind was not in my favor i think its 60% luck and 40% skill so i do what i want and just hunt i know some guys take a bottle along to spit in . in rifle season i just spit out the back of the stand in archery season i'm am a bit more careful
Old 01-28-2011, 10:52 AM
Scrub Buck

I have had deer follow the sweet scent of Red Man Golden Blend right up to the stand... I quit about 3 years ago though and it did not seem to affect the hunting.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:32 PM
B&C 140 Class

I chew most times I'm on stand and don't think it affects the opportunities to see deer. I've had many deer walk through the area(s) I've been "watering" and never seen one bothered in the least.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:32 PM
Scrub Buck

I love this conversation. I say goahead stink all you want more bigons for me. We cant not smell. So smell as little as possible.To make it more obvious ?? Would you drag your lawnmower (running)out to your tree stand and hunt over it ? If you were in love with co2 SURE.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:31 PM
B&C 140 Class

Heck, if I drug my lawnmower out with me I could end up spittin' on it then! I'd sure hate to do that to my favorite Husqvarna!