Deer Hunting Forums banner

A Question?????

5K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  WisconsinDeer 
#1 ·
Hey, Okay I really have two questions about reloading.

#1. Many times can you reload a brass case??
#2. I have heard you're not suppose to reload military rounds, why is that??

Thanks!!!

G
#2 ·
ok what i understand is, to answer your first question, is most cases can be reloaded several times, as long as there is no sign of tearing. belted mags like the 7mm rem mag you won't get near the life out of them. then there is the deal with just neck sizing vs full resizing. neck sizing can prolong the life of your brass. brass inspection should be done every time before you reload.

the second question is a bit perplexing. shooters will reload lake city brass which is military. now that case ammo for the ars, aks and the like often times isn't brass. i think its tin or some cheap metal, and can't be reloaded nor can you reload the aluminum. nickel can be reloaded but its a pain.

#3 ·
1. Depends on whether you neck size or full length resize. It also depends on how mild or hot your loads are. For a semi auto you must full length resize but for a bolt action you can do either.

2. You can reload some "military" brass. Lake City 5.56 brass is reloadable but you have to remove the primer crimp. Foreign military brass is usually going to be berdan primed, which is non reloadable. You also cannot reload steel cased ammo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.