Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   Reloading (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/reloading/)
-   -   Just starting up. (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/reloading/6867-just-starting-up.html)

NELA 11-28-2010 12:01 PM

Just starting up.

Hey fellas, new to the forum and seeking advice. I have had a starter reloading kit for several years that is still in the box. I have finally made room to set it up and thought maybe this would be a good place to start looking for load data to use as a starting point. I have a speer reloading manual but thought maybe someone would have some tips that would save time and money for a beginner. Some of the cartridges I will be reloading in the near future are 300WSM, 300 WBY mag, .243 win, and 7mm-08. Anybody got any words of wisdom?:confused:

WisconsinDeer 12-04-2010 09:58 PM

This probably isn't the best place to ask reloading questions...:unsure:

Hunting Man 12-05-2010 04:24 AM

WD, I thought he was in the right forum?? I too will be starting up reloading, kinda late in life but something I've wanted to do.

WisconsinDeer 12-05-2010 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunting Man (Post 49931)
WD, I thought he was in the right forum?? I too will be starting up reloading, kinda late in life but something I've wanted to do.

Yes..but..he posted 7 days ago and has only gotten 2 responses, one being mine.

Hunting Man 12-05-2010 06:55 PM

ok, wasn't sure. I know I'm going to be asking questions and hopefully someone out there has the answers.

tbighunter 12-11-2010 07:46 PM

I have reloaded shotgun and pistol many years ago.I just received my new Lee Loadmaster in .270 and I also was hoping to get some good advice from here also.I am confident that someone will step up and give us some advice.

WisconsinDeer 12-11-2010 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbighunter (Post 50604)
I have reloaded shotgun and pistol many years ago.I just received my new Lee Loadmaster in .270 and I also was hoping to get some good advice from here also.I am confident that someone will step up and give us some advice.

I started loading for .243, 303 british and 7.62x54R back in August. Just go slow and watch what you are doing. Once you get the hang of reloading its a pretty fun hobby.

Is this the press you have? Looks like it has some pretty poor reviews.... Lee Load-Master Progressive Press Kit 270 Winchester - MidwayUSA

tbighunter 12-11-2010 08:21 PM

Yes,that is the press I have.I am not to concerned with the reviews.I have used Lee in the past with very good results.If it gives me trouble,I will return it if needed.I am at first not going to trust the automatic powder drop until I trust it.I think it will be fun to reload rifle.It not a Dillion or a RCBS but I hope as a starter,it will work.

WisconsinDeer 12-11-2010 08:42 PM

I don't know...every single one of those loadmaster press's has 1-2 stars.

This looks like a real good set for the money, especially for starting out.
Lee Challenger Breech Lock Single Stage Press Kit - MidwayUSA

tbighunter 12-11-2010 09:31 PM

I read the reviews,but the reviews don't mean that much to me.I have read lots of reviews on most of the things I purchase.If you do that,just about everything you want to buy,someone has a problem with it.