Deer Hunting Forums banner

Sierra Gamekings

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  rack collector 
#1 ·
I have been reloading for a while now and before I started I have always shot reloaded ammo from my 7mm mag. (I have a close friend with the same gun and we would reload at his house.) For at least the past 4 to 6 months I cannot find a sierra gameking bullet for 7mm in 140 grains. I have looked everywhere on the internet and all the gun stores around. Does anybody have any idea why these are so hard to come by now? I emailed sierra and to my surprise they responded the next day with their reason that since Obama came into office these have been hard to get and they should be available in 4 to 6 weeks. Just about all other bullets sierra makes are available except for the 140 grain gameking for 7mm. Why these particular ones are so hard to find is beyond me.

#3 ·
I do a little work for the Remington plant up the road. They tell me since Obama came to power, they have been runnin wide open. Currently they are running with an 18 month backlog. They are sellin everything they can make faster than they can make it. And it doesn't seem to matter what. I had thought the craze for shootin supplies had eased a bit. The shelves in the stores I go to seem to be more full than they were a year ago.

#7 ·
the 140 grain are hard to find because it is popular with all cartridges that use 7mm bullets ex 7mm-08, 7mm mauser, 280 rem. etc. Have you tried some heavier bullets in you 7mm mag? Ballisticly speaking the 150-160 range bullets are idea for the 7mag when you compare velocity vs. energy vs trajectory.

#8 ·
Yes we have tried the 150 and the 165 and neither one shoots as good as the 140's. Dont get me wrong they shoot decent but they are as accurate as the 140. I guess I will have to wait till production picks up and stock up on them so I dont have this problem again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.