Take on NFL standoff - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Non Hunting Topics and Classifieds > Pro Sports
Pro Sports Discuss your favorite (or least favorite) teams from the NFL, MLB, NHL, etc.

Old 04-26-2011, 03:31 PM

Default Take on NFL standoff

Personally I think they should fire all players & start over drafting all new players and cap salaries to say 100,000 a year give them a bonus for each round of post season & that is it this goes for all sports if they perform well they will get plenty in endorsements & maybe ticket prices & concessions could come down A lot of NASCAR tracks lowered ticket prices the last 2 years some by almost half
just proves these Venues are ripping people off because they know they can get away with it

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 04-26-2011, 06:10 PM

I think all fans take a year or two off and see where the salaries go from there. It's all about what the fans are willing to pay for and as long as the stands are filled there is no end in sight.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:39 PM
B&C 160 Class

dep both sides are spoiled brats but think for a minute.would the owners pay these salaries if they weren't making money i dont think so.i agree though all sports is madness.took my daughter to her first hockey game game (sabres).seats were 248$ for two add in parking ,shirt,snacks and it was about a 375$.totally nuts and we support these prima donnas.hm is dead right only the fans not attending will ever make a diffrerence
Old 08-19-2011, 10:20 AM
B&C 100 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiker View Post
dep both sides are spoiled brats but think for a minute.would the owners pay these salaries if they weren't making money i dont think so.i agree though all sports is madness.took my daughter to her first hockey game game (sabres).seats were 248$ for two add in parking ,shirt,snacks and it was about a 375$.totally nuts and we support these prima donnas.hm is dead right only the fans not attending will ever make a diffrerence

Holy WHAT?! How much???!!!!!!!

The other $$$$ is TV rights money for these sports. Players only asking for their share of a very very very big pie.

I say cap the salaries at 100K, any balance goes to pay the defecit and fans taxes for 100 years. Problems solved!

Old 04-27-2011, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfdeputy2 View Post
just proves these Venues are ripping people off because they know they can get away with it
Agree 100% that is what I meant by this should have been more clear

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 04-27-2011, 08:12 AM
B&C 180 Class

Did anyone hear about the NFL player who was freakin' out b/c there might not be a season next year, so he was taking out a HUGE loan to "get by". COMON', seriously!?!?!?!
Old 04-27-2011, 07:25 PM

Uh here is an Idea sell one of your Bentley's or maybe on of your mansions
How about he is probably one of the fortunate ones who will get a loan still a lot of people out there that still can't. Moron

Steven Wright
Old 04-27-2011, 08:28 PM
B&C 160 Class

The best one i ever heard was the old baseball player Jack Clark.After his time with the yankees his career was winding down.He said he fell on hard times and had to file for bankruptcy.He had 55 automobiles
Old 04-28-2011, 09:04 AM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiker View Post
The best one i ever heard was the old baseball player Jack Clark.After his time with the yankees his career was winding down.He said he fell on hard times and had to file for bankruptcy.He had 55 automobiles

Jack Clark used to be my IDOL growing up when he played for the Cardinals. HE was my absolute FAVORITE!!!! He does commentary for the FSN network after cards games now,,, he has put on about 50-60 pounds sense retirement and is probably 275 lb now! NO JOKE!
Old 04-28-2011, 09:03 AM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfdeputy2 View Post
How about he is probably one of the fortunate ones who will get a loan still a lot of people out there that still can't. Moron

ACtually the news said it was going to be an EXTREMELY high interest loan,, like 25%!!!!!!!! Those guys seriously need to be sat down and talked to about money management. Many of them have "buddies" from college and even HS that start flocking to them for cash and possessions or even a room in their mansion.
Anyone ever seen Dale Enhardt Jr.'s house??? Now that is a true professional. He lives in a normal $150,000 house with nothing fancy about it out in the woods!
Carl Edwards lives in Columbia, MO (about 35 min away from my house) and lives in town in a normal house!