The verdict - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Non Hunting Topics and Classifieds > Pro Sports
Pro Sports Discuss your favorite (or least favorite) teams from the NFL, MLB, NHL, etc.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:32 PM
B&C 140 Class

Thumbs down The verdict

Our Government completed it's case against Barry Bonds today. The verdict? Well, I'll call it kinda mixed. They decided (that's what juries do) that Bonds had been somewhat deceptive in some of his answers on a previous go-round with the G-ment.

Everything else.... no opinion. H*ll I couldda told you no opinion a year ago. Why did they waste our money?

If the continued expenditure of monies trying to "convict" an athlete that NEVER EVER tested positive for steroids makes sense to you, well you ain't thinkin' like me. If you think he may have done something wrong... well, go ahead and think it.

I will tell you this much. Whatever BB did was ABSOLUTELY NOT detrimental to his team. He was trying to do well, not harm his team. (ever heard of gambling...??)

Why the fed gov thinks they have any interest in this is waaaaay beyond me. But, perhaps some of you understand. Do you not think some used these drugs before they were ever even talked about? Before they were tested for? Before they had been had??

A major waste of time for our country, a major waste of money that might have been used for "poor people".

It's a major case of the government wasting what I pay.... maybe you do too, maybe not.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:59 PM
B&C 160 Class

Turner i agree a waste of money.But do not Bonds give any credit he did steroids for himself because of the money and fame Maguire,Sosa ,and Canseco were getting.Also dont compare his accomplishments to Petes because his were legit.Gambling doesnt allow your bat speed to increase as you age.None of these steroids bums belong in hall and if you think Bonds is a good person then you are wrong in your thinking.LONG LIVE ROGER MARIS!!!!
Old 04-14-2011, 06:03 AM

Doping is wrong no matter how you look at it. No hall of fame for BB if I was voting.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:59 AM
B&C 180 Class

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Man View Post
Doping is wrong no matter how you look at it. No hall of fame for BB if I was voting.

I absolutely, 100%, with out a doubt, completely, AGREE!

If you and I lied to the government about something, we'd be in court too. Not a BB fan at all, can't stand the guy. To hear someone say "he's a good guy" makes me cringe. How can someone who is so egocentric and selfish be called a "good guy". Maybe it was seeing him take up half the sportscenter every morning, but in my opinion, BB is fake and he's went about this whole thing the wrong way. He care about numero uno and that is IT. If BB don't like it, BB ain't doing it. He's an act.

McGwire in my eyes, did the right thing. Look where he's at now? He didn't lie, he wasn't selfish in his career and egocentric like BB. Mcgwire pleaded the 5th and everything thought he was dumb for doing so. But as an AMERICAN that is our right. Then when all this buzz died down, he came out and admitted. He did not LIE about anything. Now he's coaching in the majors. Canseco, BB, Ramirez and all the others are at home crying to themselves about their lies and washed up careers.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:55 AM
B&C 140 Class

I am not a BB fan, simply someone disappointed that the Federal Government was so adament about getting nosey about baseball's workings and then got all hissy about the fact that someone might have lied to them!! The unmitigated gall of that... someone lying to the government. Of course the Government can lie to you...... (and that seems to cost them nothing!)

Now as far as "doping" and gambling goes, IMHO there is nothing worse than a participant, coach or referee gambling on games. That strikes to the very core of fair play, hard play and ethical behavior (again in my humble opinion). I think Pete Rose was a great player. He earned and deserved the nickname "Charlie Hustle". But that does not excuse him from breaking the cardinal rule amongst any and all "ballplayers". Betting simply opens the door, widely, to speculation that what occurred is not really what might have occurred.

There was another pretty good ballplayer that paid the ultimate by being linked to gambling and perhaps throwing a World Series as well. Go ahead and google Joe Jackson and see if he wasn't as good a player as PR, but was also banned in the prime of his career for the same type rumors and inuendos.

Think about what crossed your mind 3 or 4 years ago when an NBA ref was found to have gambled on games he was involved in......
Old 04-14-2011, 10:19 AM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by turner View Post
I am not a BB fan, simply someone disappointed that the Federal Government was so adament about getting nosey about baseball's workings and then got all hissy about the fact that someone might have lied to them!!

I share your frustration! But the fact remains that they are allowed to be nosey and BB lied to them. I also agree that the gov't lies to us daily, but then again, I didn't vote for half of them in office!
Old 04-14-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turner View Post
Now as far as "doping" and gambling goes, IMHO there is nothing worse than a participant, coach or referee gambling on games. That strikes to the very core of fair play, hard play and ethical behavior (again in my humble opinion).
I am a little confused are you saying that gambling is worse than doping?
um last I knew they are both against the rules & Roids imo is not fair play or ethical behavior I think every player, ump, ref, manager & every other person that touches the field, court, ice ect.... should be drug tested before every game if test pos. fired no suspensions just plain fired & NO you will not continue to collect your 40 Million a year paycheck
this is one reason I watch more minor league sports I can afford to go & see them Go Fisher cats & Monarchs

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright