Deer Hunting Forums banner

Baseball is Back!

7K views 26 replies 7 participants last post by  gfdeputy2 
#1 ·
First Atlanta Braves game is this Thursday. Im looking forward to the start of it so much I watched an entire spring game of theirs last night.

Our lineup looks good. I think we can hang with the dominant pitching staff of the Phillies as long as we stay healthy. Our offense has improved from last year I think and our pitching should be about the same.

Chipper Jones has been a surprise. Best player in spring training and he just came back from surgery.

#2 ·
Forget the braves GO REDS.Seriously fever i wonder if jason heyward will suffer any sophmore slump.They say chipper jones looks good this spring.i like jones always been a class act.however im curious to see if my reds can continue to build on last year.gonna do a road trip to see them play in pittsburgh.anyway spring is here and i love baseball.GO REDS!

#3 ·
We shall see about Heyward. He didnt play alot in spring. Prob the least amount of time of all starters. They say he had alot of sore back issues, sore groin, etc. He did look fine when he did play though.

We have another rookie starting at first base this year. Freddie Freeman. I like him as much as I liked Heyward last year. Seems pretty smart at the plate and can handle a glove.

Jones surprised me with his spring. I figured he would be over and done with that repeat injury this late in his career.

When is the Reds first game?

#4 ·
Although I am not a big Braves fan, I was very happy to see that Chipper Jones did decide to return for at least one more season after his injury. He is a great player, of course:yes:. But perhaps even more importantly he has been an excellent representative of what any professional athelete should endeavor to be. He is the epitome of a class act. :thumbup:

#5 ·
Thursday for Reds they open with a 4 game set with Brewers.Freddie Freeman the scouts expect big things from him they say defensivly he's already there so will see about the bat.Im gonna miss Bobby Cox getting thrown.One of the last old school managers and i would guess he's a hall of famer wouldnt ya think.

#6 ·
Yeah I would think Bobby is a definite hall of famer. To many winning seasons and playoff runs not to be.

I will have to switch over and watch the Reds some Thursday as well then. I dont plan on doing much other than watching baseball. (other than my stinking dentist appointment at 1 pm)

#7 ·
Heres to hoping the Braves can build on last years successes and not crumble in september. I know that when september rolls around I have "focusing" issues with my job concerning the soon to be opening hunting seasons. Lets keep it together!!

Its great to see Chipper healthy. It will be a sad day when he does decide to hang up his cleats. Hes been my favorite player my whole baseball lifetime, along with John Smoltz.

#17 ·
Redsox opener today I think in Texas
sports illustrated I hear predicted to be the team to beat this year hope they didn't jinx them
YUP Jinxed already

#12 ·
Gotta throw some love to my Cardinals... my whole family and I are die-hard Cards fans. Year after year the have solid teams. Hoping to see them go deep in the post season this year... we'll struggle pitching wise b/c of Wainwright being out, but hopefully our hitting will pick up the slack.

#22 ·
It's still early though, and the bosox tend to peak late in the season. The cards on the other hand, it's hard to tell what they are going to do. They started out awful but now are 6-7 and have been hitting the crap out of the ball. I'm hoping this continues. :thumbup:

#24 ·
hey hey, a Pujols fan! He is an awesome player turner... watching him in person is an absolute thrill. When we got to cards games we go early enough to watch BP and he's just unreal. Such a great talent, plus he's a devote Christian (which is cool in itself). I'm just really hoping that he stays in STL. STL is the perfect fit for him. I would hate to see him go, but I would hate even more to seen him go and flop for another team. The thing many people don't realize is that if he goes to the yanks or sox or dodgers they are BIG market teams. There are really good ball players out there that can't make it on those teams because of the pressure. I'm not saying Albert couldn't, but I wouldn't want to see him take that chance. Nothing against those teams, but comon' if you start losing or slumping, they throw you under the bus. If the cards had wainwright going 100% this year they would be a team to contend with. WIthout him, it's questionable.
It's a double edged sword.. if Pujols has a good year his value increases, if he has a down year, he may want out of STL. Who knows, hopefully the fan base can help keep him here. STL has some AWESOME fans

#25 ·
I have always been impressed with everything I've seen and read of Pujols. He carries himself with a lot of class and surely seems to be a caring and truly good person with all the charity work he does, along with being a simply awesome athlete. How could ya not like the guy!!:thumbup: :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.