Baseball is Back! - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Non Hunting Topics and Classifieds > Pro Sports
Pro Sports Discuss your favorite (or least favorite) teams from the NFL, MLB, NHL, etc.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:47 AM

I have heard all kinds of predictions this year. I think its a toss up more so this year than most. I hope they are accurate about the Yankees being down this year though.

Im surprised we have no Phillie fans on here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2011, 11:07 AM
B&C 180 Class

Gotta throw some love to my Cardinals... my whole family and I are die-hard Cards fans. Year after year the have solid teams. Hoping to see them go deep in the post season this year... we'll struggle pitching wise b/c of Wainwright being out, but hopefully our hitting will pick up the slack.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tator View Post
Gotta throw some love to my Cardinals... my whole family and I are die-hard Cards fans. Year after year the have solid teams. Hoping to see them go deep in the post season this year... we'll struggle pitching wise b/c of Wainwright being out, but hopefully our hitting will pick up the slack.
On the Cardinals.. Did you notice Pujols ground into 3 double plays yesterday?? He has to do a whole lot beter than that for the Cards to be in it.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:20 PM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckfever View Post
On the Cardinals.. Did you notice Pujols ground into 3 double plays yesterday?? He has to do a whole lot beter than that for the Cards to be in it.

Yeah I did.... not happy with that performance! Plus him not signing before the season started has made alot of people uneasy about this year. If we have a bad year, he may leave, if we have a good year his value will go up. So it's up in the air. For those of you who don't know it, Albert Pujols is a devote Christian. Very strong in his faith and he and his wife and children are all great people. I'm just hoping the whole money issue doesn't make his mind up fully. Obviously the Cards can't offer him what the yanks and sox and dodgers can (among others) but we offer him what many baseball announcers and fans say is the best fans in the country. I mean it... I watch other games all the time and when a player doesn't perform well the crowd will boo them (especially the yanks and sox) but not the Cards. We have more respect for our players and show it to them by backing them up... now I'm not saying we're the only organization that does this... but one of the best.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:19 PM

Yeah it bothers me when players are just about the money only. I know the cash would play a big role but if the team that brought me up can stay in the ball park I would hope I would have enough respect for them to stay around.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:57 PM

BF, I'm an old Tiger fan. I don't watch a whole lot anymore though. I have a hard time with the giant salaries paid out these days and the doping stuff.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfdeputy2 View Post
Redsox opener today I think in Texas
sports illustrated I hear predicted to be the team to beat this year hope they didn't jinx them
YUP Jinxed already

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 04-04-2011, 08:31 AM
B&C 180 Class

Red sox 0-3 ;)
Old 04-14-2011, 10:11 PM

Braves aint doing to well from the get-go fellows.. We better start turning it around!
Old 04-15-2011, 05:23 AM

Bf the braves are not that bad the Sox have the worst record in BB right now 2-9 so much for SI's prediction

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright