You're gonna have to splain to me.... - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Non Hunting Topics and Classifieds > Pro Sports
Pro Sports Discuss your favorite (or least favorite) teams from the NFL, MLB, NHL, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 08:52 PM
B&C 140 Class

Default You're gonna have to splain to me....

So, here we are again. Players and owners cannot solve the 9 BILLION DOLLAR question as to what should we make now??? The owners?? Well they have to worry somewhat about fans showing up at the stadiums. The players??, well they simply are supposed to show up and play, collecting the $$$$$ they agreed to collect.

The Comissioner??, well he makes $10,000,000. a year. THAT'S TEN MILLION!!! So some of you might be able to turn that into a number you can relate to; that is over $192,000. a week. You all may laugh (no problem!), I've never made $192,000. in two years ever, combined!!

I happen to be a retired military pilot, who works in a 2nd career and also own 5 houses as investments. Nope, not even close to well off, but I figure I'll eat dinner every day next week and, even the thought of $192,000 earned in a year makes me salivate here & now!!

My meager thoughts on the subject? No one demanded the players sign their contracts and play in the NFL. Perhaps they have another, better skill that they could sell elsewhere?? Oh, maybe some did not choose to finish the education that someone was willing to give them in trade for their playing football??

Do the players, because of their high $$$$$$$$$$$$ believe they are more important as the coach or even the owner?? Well, when I was young, I recall players calling their coaches, Mr Lombardi or Mr Landry. But, again, remember I'm pretty old (not even near retirement age!!!!)

Yes, you have seen & read my contempt for the players here. They had options. They chose to put all their eggs in the NFL basket, and I, for ONE, don't see just how they are suffering.

Last edited by BruceBruce1959; 03-16-2011 at 06:50 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:59 PM
ronn

sounds like you're right to me. the deal is its BIIIIIIIG money. not just the salaries but all of it from hotels to bars to the tv ads and the $$ that generates. the players think without them this would collapse and they should get a piece of it.

you got to remember they only have what 8 years to make their multi millions and retire all set.

prima donnas
Old 03-16-2011, 12:25 AM

The only way to get things under control is for the fans to take a year off and not show up. I think that would stir up the money tree a bit.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:00 PM
B&C 160 Class

Were the idiots filling the stands and justifying the salaries and profits.This issue is ridiculous how to split 9billion but ive been a union man my whole life.I feel if the owners say their expenses have increased and profit margin is down then why wont they open their books for the union to see.Truth is they signed a bad deal and want out of it.I think this is going to be longer than people think.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:17 PM
B&C 180 Class

I wish I made 6 figures in a year....maybe by the time i retire
Old 03-17-2011, 03:25 PM

as long as the fans are willing to pay to watch sports the pay will go up for owners and players and only the fans suffer. keep paying and paying until, joe the plumber can't afford to take his family to a game (now). I would cap salaries and then tap sports for some hefty tax money for schools, seems like there is a lot of it to be shared.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:43 PM
ronn

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiker View Post
Were the idiots filling the stands and justifying the salaries and profits.This issue is ridiculous how to split 9billion but ive been a union man my whole life.I feel if the owners say their expenses have increased and profit margin is down then why wont they open their books for the union to see.Truth is they signed a bad deal and want out of it.I think this is going to be longer than people think.
don't make this a union thing. thats a can of worms that makes my blood boil. and to be clear i dislike unions......a lot.......hate them........ lowest lifeform........parasites...........ruination of this great country. (or one of them). see already got my panties in a bunch.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:36 PM

In the beginning unions were necessary to protect workers from being slaughtered by big companies. Now they have priced themselves out of what middleclass America is willing to put up with. I was in the OCAW for 22 years and supported the union as a Vice president. Now I'm on the other side of the table and see both sides. Somewhere in the middle has to be the answer getting there is the problem.
Closed Thread