SCAMstrong - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Non Hunting Topics and Classifieds > Pro Sports
Pro Sports Discuss your favorite (or least favorite) teams from the NFL, MLB, NHL, etc.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:27 AM
B&C 180 Class

Default SCAMstrong

Does anyone else on here feel like Armstrong should be placed in prison for what he did? Honestly. I think we need to jump on the anti-cheating bandwagon because what is this teaching our youngsters? This guy is still going to go on and make millions. Heck, you KNOW Oprah (obama's #1 fan) paid him at least a million or more to go on her show and do that interview. YOU KNOW Espn and other channels are going to pay him to hear the story again, and again, and again.

Think of the lives, money, dreams, and hopes he destroyed. If I finished 2nd to him at any time in a race, I'd be about the most upset person on the planet.

But for what it's worth, He did go to his company and to NIKE and told them "I'm sorry".
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2013, 10:21 AM

is someone speaking poorly about the Liberal American, LanceArmstrong? Trivia: Does anyone know who Armstrong's biggest sponsor was during his prime performances??? You may be shocked to find out it was the United States Postal Service.

"The U.S Postal Service spent $31.9 million to underwrite Lance Armstrong's pro cycling team during its glory years of 2001 to 2004,
approximately 60 to 65 percent of the team's total budget, according to documents newly obtained from the agency under the federal Freedom of Information Act."
<<----Click for ESPN's full report.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:43 AM

Why is lying a surprise? Washington and the current president have no problem doing it. Sports has been lying about enhancing drugs for years. Barry Bonds comes to mind. While this is a shame and a bad label on Americans, it is hardly a surprise. It's just a shame what sports has become and a stupid country that supports them every weekend in ticket sales. We are probably more to blame in the long run. We can either shut off the TV and not buy tickets or accept the problem and move on in life. The downward spiral has sped up to the point that I don't think we can stop it anymore, sorry that's just my perception. As it moves from pro sports to now college it will move to high school and lower over the years. Just a liberal im-moral sociaty (spell?) with no end in sight. The problem isn't a surprise, it's always about money!!!!!!! Tator, he shouldn't be in jail until all the rest before him go.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:30 PM
B&C 160 Class

Boy is he a piece of .... Anybody care to wager how he got cancer(steriods).What a pompous ... I think he confessed like that to annoy people.Truly a messed up person with an amoral personality.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:54 AM
B&C 120 Class

Absolutely no remorse for sueing people that he knew were telling the truth. How many lives has he ruined though lies and lawsuits? Thats all - I will not give another willing second to this creatures story.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:53 AM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunting man View Post
tator, he shouldn't be in jail until all the rest before him go.

agreed!!!!!!
Old 01-22-2013, 11:03 AM
B&C 140 Class

And we wonder why our kids have no real role models outside the home and they grow up thinking that this sort of behavior is okay, "because everyone else is doing it". I'll be my kids role model, screw all these "cheatletes"....
Old 01-22-2013, 08:23 PM
B&C 160 Class

Well said Scorp and i would like to add that no athlete should be a role model.I tell my daughter heroes are soldiers,veterans,cops,or anybody you know who lives a positive life.This superbowl will be the worse cause were all gonna hear what a great nice double murderer RAY LEWIS is.Makes me ill.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:59 AM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiker View Post
Makes me ill.
Amen to that!
Old 01-23-2013, 12:02 PM
B&C 180 Class

money is the root of all evil. Look at professional athletes 20+ years ago, even 30+ years ago. They were respectable and role-model worthy. They lived their lives in a decent manner and worked hard. Especially in baseball. Those guys were hard workers and someone you could look up to because their hard work paid off. They set a good example.

Today's world? Heck, look at the Lakers. Talk about a joke. You are 7+ games under .500 and you have supposedly the "best" player in the world in Kobe, and supposedly the "BEST" post player in the league, Dwight Howard, and one of the best all-time point guards in the game - Steve Nash and you have a GREAT rebounder and post player in Metta-World-Peace (a.k.a. DUMMY) and look at what you got? A bunch of money hungry, "it's all about me" attitudes all on one team. I guarantee you I got a way to get them playing together and winning again. Heck, if they'd let me take over that team for the rest of the season I'd even guarantee a NBA Championship- no problem. All I'd have to do is ONE thing......

Your pay is now going to based on how hard you play. NOT playing hard and hustling? NO PAY FOR THAT GAME- sorry. Oh and I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS TO JUDGE THIS.