Obama supports GAY marriage - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Non Hunting Topics and Classifieds > Political Talk
Political Talk Be respectful!

Old 05-12-2012, 08:34 AM
B&C 140 Class

Even the bible says one man and one woman marrages.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2012, 10:49 AM
B&C 160 Class

All right i have been avoiding posting in this thread for a wile, because A) i have mixed feelings about this, and B) my political view on this is way diferent than you might think. now i feel i must post because i dont think we are behaving like real conservatives on this one. So hear are my stand points on this one.
I absolutely hate Obama. anything he does i think is intentionally trying the tear this country apart. The thought of to guys, or two women have sex with each other sickens me. sex is meant to between a man and a women. I do not want to see it in public or have it flaunted in my face. I know for a fact that Homosexuality is a sin. That these people engaging in this behavior WILL answer to God on there day of judgment for these sins.
All that being said, We live in a free country. how is it any of the governments business what happens in our, or there bed rooms? I see you guys saying that making it legal will "make it ok". iv got some bad news for you guys, society already says its ok. I remember having to sit though "celebrate diversity day" in high school. and the only things they were celebrating were homosexuality. (and this was over 10 years ago.) And it is already law that we can not discriminate against them in the work place. so ya its already "ok". Given that we can not change the fact that they are gay, and living in sin. Which would you rather, that homosexuals behave like a married couple, and show the limited display of public affection that most husbands and wifes do in public. (keeping ther business behind closed doors.) Or would you rather they run around acting like horny teenagers, making out all over the place in public the way dating teens do?
Then take in to consideration, that by us asking the government to make laws preventing someone from living there life's the way they see fit based of our beliefs makes us no better than the liberals who want our guns taken away because they feel that guns are evil. This is not the constitutional govt our forefathers envisioned. telling us how to live our life's is not the governments roll. as a matter of fact, one of the first lines in the declaration of independence is..... "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." Do you guys think that you would be free to pursuit happiness if someone had the government tell you, that you could not be married to your wife's based of there belief system?
All this being said we dont need laws outlawing gay marriage. we need a society free to say that "we are not going to outlaw it, but keep it to yourself, i dont want to see that crap."
Old 05-12-2012, 02:36 PM

This is the policy of progressive demoncrats. If you wish to continue to cast your vote for them if however you wish demand that we return to a more moral sociaty then it requires a republican vote for now. Down the road maybe there will be a third party of the people?? I'm a green party sponser
Old 05-17-2012, 04:19 PM
Scrub Buck

I agree, that O needs the votes, so this is more of a political move to cement his base.

He promised a lot that he could not deliver, nobody could have delivered it.

So now the gullible who believed he could deliver are looking for new promises by new promisors.

Right now the race is very close according to the surveys.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:22 PM
Scrub Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by critter gitter View Post
Even the bible says one man and one woman marrages.
Youre talking about the New Testament (Greek) Bible right?

Because remember in the Old Testament (Hebrew) that Abraham had 2 wives, and Jacob had 12 wives, and Joseph son of Jacob also had 2 wives.

I cannot imagine more than 1 wife or girlfriend, at a time. Just imagine the catfights they would have if there were more than one of them?!?
Old 05-18-2012, 11:04 AM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt NH View Post
All right i have been avoiding posting in this thread for a wile, because A) i have mixed feelings about this, and B) my political view on this is way diferent than you might think. now i feel i must post because i dont think we are behaving like real conservatives on this one. So hear are my stand points on this one.
I absolutely hate Obama. anything he does i think is intentionally trying the tear this country apart. The thought of to guys, or two women have sex with each other sickens me. sex is meant to between a man and a women. I do not want to see it in public or have it flaunted in my face. I know for a fact that Homosexuality is a sin. That these people engaging in this behavior WILL answer to God on there day of judgment for these sins.
All that being said, We live in a free country. how is it any of the governments business what happens in our, or there bed rooms? I see you guys saying that making it legal will "make it ok". iv got some bad news for you guys, society already says its ok. I remember having to sit though "celebrate diversity day" in high school. and the only things they were celebrating were homosexuality. (and this was over 10 years ago.) And it is already law that we can not discriminate against them in the work place. so ya its already "ok". Given that we can not change the fact that they are gay, and living in sin. Which would you rather, that homosexuals behave like a married couple, and show the limited display of public affection that most husbands and wifes do in public. (keeping ther business behind closed doors.) Or would you rather they run around acting like horny teenagers, making out all over the place in public the way dating teens do?
Then take in to consideration, that by us asking the government to make laws preventing someone from living there life's the way they see fit based of our beliefs makes us no better than the liberals who want our guns taken away because they feel that guns are evil. This is not the constitutional govt our forefathers envisioned. telling us how to live our life's is not the governments roll. as a matter of fact, one of the first lines in the declaration of independence is..... "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." Do you guys think that you would be free to pursuit happiness if someone had the government tell you, that you could not be married to your wife's based of there belief system?
All this being said we dont need laws outlawing gay marriage. we need a society free to say that "we are not going to outlaw it, but keep it to yourself, i dont want to see that crap."

In response to your post huntnh... I agree with many of the things you said, but I think some of it is either incorrect or mistaken. Let me first make sure you know I'm only typing this out of respect for you, so please don't take offense.
First off, I have to agree with you about disliking Obama. You hit the nail on the head with all the things you said about him, and he is only supporting "gay marriage" for the votes- plain and simple. I believe he truely has a BAD PLAN for America in the next 4 years and I believe most Americans are stupid enough to vote for him a second time.
Secondly, you stated: "This is not the constitutional govt our forefathers envisioned" I also agree with this 100% especially morally. They would NEVER have thought that this "lifestyle" would be something that would become close to being accepted by MANY Americans. In fact, I think they would be appalled by it.
Thirdly, I never said anything about "outlawing" gay marriage... but we sure as heck don't have to make it a huge ordeal where our LEADER is making and saying that it should be legal.

I'm sorry I have a moral delima going on in my head,,, I get what you are saying but my beliefs as a Christian tell me that when society is given TOO much freedom (in this sense open gay marriages) they are going to abuse it. Now, don't get me wrong, I love living in a free nation, but I don't get to go around free loading off people and not having a job everyday of my life either. (AND SOME PEOPLE DO). They take advantage of the system. What I'm saying in this... and this is hard to explain, but there would be so many gay people all over this nation that would have NEVER been gay in the first place. I personally believe this is a pressured lifestyle on especially young people. If it's "accepted" they are more apt to trying it and then living a life in sin. This is NOT something you are born with or the way God made you. God did NOT make anyone gay. God did not MAKE ANYONE GAY. Therefore, as a nation, I BELIEVE we are all going to have to answer to God someday about how we allowed this to go on in our nation. This type of lifestyle is forbidden in the Bible and I can reassure you GOD does not want this issue to be brushed under the carpet and for people to just "do it in their houses". What Obama has done is Satan's work. This is Satan at work on our nation and God knows it. Gay and lesbian lifestyles are not engrained in our minds or bodies, they are LEARNED. If our entire country accepts it because our Government says "HEY IT's OK" we are going to have a HUGE problem on our hands. Trust me... maybe not next year or the year after or after that,, but what happens when Obama IS out of office and the next Republican comes in and abolishes gay and lesbian marriages? What then? What is that going to do for our country? All because we sat back and ignored it. "I'd rather them do it behind closed doors because they are free-Americans" -- well they are doing it behind closed doors and it's not just Adam and Steve doing it,,,, they are effecting EVERY young person that comes into that home or into that family.
We are talking about Morals here. I realize America is the home of the FREE, but comon' people. This will get abused. HUNTNH,,, I agree with most of what you are saying, but sitting back and taking the backseat to this problem will NOT help it, it will ignite it.

Now, on a personal note.... I live in Missouri. I know there are gay and lesbian people out there in this state- i'm not stupid. But I live in rural America and small-town America. What happens when this lifestyle is allowed here? What happens when this lifestyle is accepted by our youth here? Excuse me for saying this, but on the east and west coasts you all see more of this lifestyle than anyone. It's true, I didn't make it that way, but that's they way it is. Heck you can't go 2 minutes in California without seeing two dudes or chicks kissing or gropping each other. But let me tell you this out of confidence GAY AND LESBIAN LIFESTYLE IS NOT ACCEPTED BY THE MAJORITY OF OUR SOCIETY HERE IN MISSOURI.

Brushing this under the rug is not something I want to do and it's not the way I want to teach my children how to stand up for something they believe in morally and religiously.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:37 AM
B&C 160 Class

Tator. i agree with 99% of what you are saying. i'll have a rebuttal tonight to the 1%. but i think we really are on the same page on this one.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:47 PM
Scrub Buck

Tator, I will agree that your views reflect a majority in the USA.

In Calif your views are only a very slight majority however, something like 52% vs 48%.

For the record, I am straight, always have been straight, always will be straight. I know people who are GLTB (their buzzword) and they are good people, good at their jobs, although it seems creepy to me when I consider their alternative lifestyles. Therefore I keep my thoughts on business and I don't invade their privacy.

In terms of the overall issue and problem of calling civil unions "marriage" that creeps me out also. Marriage is a church issue. History tells us that it was the Roman Catholic Church that invented the marriage ceremony sometime around the 2nd century AD. Prior to then, cohabitation was the norm, largely celebrated with parties in the community.

Gays and lesbians have always existed in society throughout history, although prior to Harvey Milk days, they used to stay in the closet about it. They have always been about 10% of the population.

When the Social Security system and the Internal Revenue Code began to "subsidize" marriage, that is when the problem started. Now the GLTB community wants the same retirement and tax benefits for themselves.

I cannot blame them.

There is no reasonable argument against giving them these rights.

That's just logic.

If you had lots of friends and associates who were GLTB I think you would be forced to confront the logic directly.

It is easy to live in a secluded area where you don't know who the 10% are, and therefore not have to deal with the reality.

Having said all that, it is a difficult issue for most people, and it has become a political issue as well, like abortions, like smoking dope, like growing dope, like euthanasia, like everything else that the 2 parties write their platforms about.

I think O needs the votes, so he has flipped from a traditional family view and flopped to alternative marriage now, since he needs the rainbows behind him.

R has flip-flopped as well on everything he needed to flip-flop in order to get his party's endorsement. What the RNC supporters really seem to want is someone like Sarah Palin, although Independents (and certainly not Demo's) would never ever vote for her.

Both O and R have been flopping around like two fish on the sandy shore. Nothing new about that.

Nobody on the campaign trail is talking about Obama-care anymore because if they do then they would also need to answer about Romney-care. Nobody is talking about O's abismal gun-rights record because then they also would need to answer about R's Massachusetts assault-rifle ban.

Perhaps we do need something like Obama-care or Romney-care, but nobody likes to think about that?

Perhaps sturmgewehr are across the line of "destructive devices" and convey so much power to spree and mass shooters that it may be appropriate to draw the line at the 1903 Springfield bolt-action, but nobody likes to think about that?

Seems to me that O and R agree on a lot of the same things.

Since I am not GLTB, and since I don't smoke or grow dope, and since I don't need an abortion (male not female), and since I qualified for my own private medical insurance, and since my hunting rifle is a Remington 700 not an AK-47, these peripheral issues simply do not resonate for me. I don't care about them.

The US economy is in a major recession because of Wall Street not because of Main Street nor because of Wash DC.

There is nothing anyone in Wash DC can do about the economy. When the Japanese were in this same boat 20 years ago for mostly the same reasons (real estate speculation and easy lending by their banks) it took them 10 years to recover from it. It has only been 3 1/2 years in the USA so far. So we still have a ways to go.

Ergo there is nothing either O or R can do about the economy to "make it better."

The economy will just need to fix itself.

Last edited by Shoobee; 05-18-2012 at 12:59 PM.
Old 05-19-2012, 04:14 PM
B&C 140 Class

Shoobee,
Are you the same one that is on hunting net?
daddus
Old 05-19-2012, 04:19 PM
Scrub Buck

Not on my current list. Belong to several forums though.