History of Immigration... - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Non Hunting Topics and Classifieds > Political Talk
Political Talk Be respectful!

Old 12-01-2011, 09:39 AM

Default History of Immigration...

Got this in an email, wanted to share it with all because, We are the "United" States Americans. God Bless America.

Maybe we should turn to our history books and point out to people why today's Americans are not willing to accept this new kind of immigrants any longer. Back in 1900 when there was a rush from all areas of Europe to come to the United States , people had to get off a ship and stand in a long lines in New York to be documented.

Some would even get down on their hands and knees and kiss the ground. They made a pledge to uphold the laws and support their new country in good and bad times. They made learning English a primary rule in their new American households and some even changed their names to blend in with their new home.

They had waved goodbye to their birth place to give their children a new life and did everything in their power to help their children assimilate into one culture. Nothing was handed to them. No free lunches, no welfare, no labor laws to protect them. All they had were the skills and craftsmanship they had brought with them to trade for a future of prosperity.

Most of their children came of age when World War II broke out. My father fought along side men whose parents had come straight over from Germany , Italy , France and Japan . None of these 1st generation Americans ever gave any thought about what country their parents had come from. They were Americans fighting Hitler, Mussolini and the Emperor of Japan. They were defending the United States of America as one people.

When we liberated France , no one in those villages were looking for the French American, the German American or the Irish American. The people of France saw only Americans. And we carried one flag that represented one country. Not one of those immigrant sons would have thought about picking up another country's flag and waving it to represent who they were. It would have been a disgrace to their parents who had sacrificed so much to be here. These immigrants truly knew what it meant to be an American. They stirred the melting pot into one red, white and blue bowl.

And here we are with a new kind of immigrant who wants the same rights and privileges. Only they want to achieve it by playing with a different set of rules, one that includes the entitlement card and a guarantee of being faithful to their mother country. I'm sorry, that's not what being an American is all about. I believe that the immigrants who landed on Ellis Island in the early 1900's deserve better than that for all their toil, hard work and sacrifice in raising future generations to create a land that has become a beacon for those legally searching for a better life. I think they would be appalled that they are being used as an example by those waving foreign country flags.

And for those Muslims that suggested taking down the offensive Statue of Liberty, <-click to view full report.
it happens to mean a lot to the citizens who are voting on the immigration bill. I wouldn't start talking about dismantling the United States just yet.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2011, 10:30 AM
B&C 180 Class

Here's an idea... all immigrants who want to come here illegal, have to serve a 4 year stint in the US Military and learn the core values this country has. Having been in the ARMY myself, they do A LOT of building up this country to the new soldiers. Maybe this would instill some LOVE for the privilidge of being in our FREE country?
Old 12-03-2011, 01:29 AM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by tator View Post
Here's an idea... all immigrants who want to come here illegal, have to serve a 4 year stint in the US Military and learn the core values this country has. Having been in the ARMY myself, they do A LOT of building up this country to the new soldiers. Maybe this would instill some LOVE for the privilidge of being in our FREE country?

NO, they have to go home and do it the right way. like those who immigrated in the 1900s.
If it were up to me we wouldn't have this problem. you dont see too many N. Koreans immigrating to S. Korea just as you didnt see too many E. Germans going into W. Germany.
It can be done!!!
They need to repeal the all the amnesty's they just handed out to the illegals that were already here. we dont reward people with citizenship for ignoring our laws and stealing from our economy. we have laws regarding being in this country legally and if the feds are not going to enforce the laws then maybe its better that the states are taking matters into their own hands.

speaking of amnesty. this is what I think the amnesty programs were all about. securing votes for the political party that sponsored the program. think about it and the repercussions of 10,000,000 new voters that are their because of your party.
PSE 2006 FIRESTORM LITE #70
PSE 2009 TREESTAND GX #70
PSE 2010 1/2 AXE 6 #60
PSE 2011 EVO #70

The Devils Advocate

Revelation 22:17

Old 12-05-2011, 10:54 AM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator View Post
NO, they have to go home and do it the right way. like those who immigrated in the 1900s.
If it were up to me we wouldn't have this problem. you dont see too many N. Koreans immigrating to S. Korea just as you didnt see too many E. Germans going into W. Germany.

I think you are missing the point of my post- i'm on your side--- What I'm saying is that a VERY high majority of illegals would NOT want to be in the American military. They are here just for the benefits. Therefore, they would NOT come here. If they were found here illegally for ANY reason, they immediately got signed up for a 4 year stint in the military. After that 4 years, they can do what they want- now granted they can not be in a position that allows them to put American lives in danger. They can work at the nuc-bomb facility out in the field lol!
Old 12-28-2011, 10:37 AM
B&C 100 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator View Post
Actually they do, 14, 000 from North Korea to South. All illegals.

350,000 from East to West.

GHDI - Document
Old 12-28-2011, 11:56 AM
B&C 160 Class

Well done Bruce as i said many times before i dont know why we are scared to say that these people are the enemy.They show no allegiance to this country,do not respect the laws of this country,and then have the nerve to try and rub are face in it with that damn mosque they wanted at ground zero.In my eyes they are the enemy and i could care less who doesnt like it.There behavior in this country would not have be tolerated years ago.They danced in the damn streets of Dearborn Michigan when the towers fell.Totally disgusting behavior and we are gonna have a conflict in this country its coming.God Bless America and lets be ready!
Old 01-02-2012, 10:39 PM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiker View Post
Well done Bruce as i said many times before i dont know why we are scared to say that these people are the enemy.They show no allegiance to this country,do not respect the laws of this country,and then have the nerve to try and rub are face in it with that damn mosque they wanted at ground zero.In my eyes they are the enemy and i could care less who doesnt like it.There behavior in this country would not have be tolerated years ago.They danced in the damn streets of Dearborn Michigan when the towers fell.Totally disgusting behavior and we are gonna have a conflict in this country its coming.God Bless America and lets be ready!
Ill be damned if i seen one dancing that day he wouldnt be able to dance today. around here during the 911 they kept a low profile.we had a few things happen,but all that was needed was an excuse and still dont need much more