another 4 years - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Non Hunting Topics and Classifieds > Political Talk
Political Talk Be respectful!

Old 05-20-2011, 09:05 AM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetohunt View Post
We really need revival in our country and turn back to God. That will only start with us Christians. We need to call upn God and solely follow Him, then will He begin to heal our land.
I like these statements! AND I agree with you TTH.

Quote:
All in all, God is in control. No one man elected as president will save our country. Things could get better or worse but we as Gods people need to hit our knees and pray.
I also agree with this statement, but the sad thing is, one man can control the lives of 1,000's of unborn babies by allowing them to be aborted. And the lives of millions of gays and lesbians by allowing them to marry. And the lives of millions of young children who will have a gay mom or dad. That's what scares me. That's why as Christians we have to do what's right morally and vote a Pres that is going to have CHristians values and a true Love for God. Put plain and simply... the men and women who are in control of allowing abortion and gay marriage to happen WILL have to answer to God one day. I'm very, very glad I don't have to answer to the millions and millions and millions of lives I would've affected. Think about all the people that will never be born or never get a chance at life because their would-be parents, would-be grandparents, would be great-grandparents, etc... will never be born because of an abortion? Think of all the precious lives that are going to be distroyed because of a gay or lesbian marriage. I'm very thankful to have 2 wonderful Christian parents who love me and brought me up the right way. In a home that does not tolerate the gay lifestyle and has taught me that abortion is completely wrong.
What are everyone's views on abortion? This is America, I'm entitled to my own opinion and I believe it is wrong in every circumstance. Now, that said listen to this next part b/c I'm sure some of you are fuming mad. We've all heard of the example of a woman being forcefully raped or incest or a minor getting raped by an adult. These all are horrible acts and horrible things for a person to do to another. That person who did these acts should be locked up, if not executed in my eyes. In many ways, these acts could be considered worse than murder. But here's my stance. Why cover up one horrible action with another horrible action? There are so many ways this situation could be dealt with. I realize having an unwanted baby in your womb as a woman could be horrible and such a filthy feeling thing. But here's what I believe. Why not give the child to a family who is desperately wanting a child but can't? Why not give this child life so that they can live correctly unlike their rapist parent? LIFE is precious. No matter how it happens. The best miracle in life is the birth of a child. To think that God allows us to create a human life in just 9 short months and then it's born!?!? that amazes me. I realize the situation it happened in is horrible and terrible. But why does the life of child have to be taken away? This is the way I feel and I will never change my mind. Never. I have been asked by many people who I've debated this with that if I had a daughter and she got raped what would we do? I can honestly say guys, it would be incredibly hard, but I would NOT allow my child to abort it. That is not an option. We are not God and we are not allowed to make that decision. Yes it's horrible. Yes that guy better never show his face around me for many reasons, but it is NOT my decision to kill a human life.
LIFE BEGINS AT CONCEPTION. NOT BIRTH.
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2011, 09:30 AM
B&C 120 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by tator View Post
LIFE BEGINS AT CONCEPTION. NOT BIRTH.
These moral issues are extremely important to me also and I will only vote for someone that will support life at evry step.

I also agree that abortion is not the answer to a horrible situation. God can use anyone, even that child concieved out of a horible situation in our eyes. Life is prescious and once we allow abortion for certain situations we have placed ourselves on a very steep and very slipery slope.

My statement that no one person can save our country was to emphasize that we should not put all of our faith in a mortal and fallible man. Any man can change his mind, flip flop, for whatever reason, especially when power is in there hands.

However, the acts of one man can greatly influence the culture and morallity of our nation and thus election are critically important and must be carefully considered by all participating members.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:37 AM
B&C 120 Class

This is off topic but relevant with the discussion of Life begins at conception.

Two years ago my wife had a molar pregnancy which put her in the high risk pregnancy category for all future pregnancies. A few months after that settled down we got pregnant again and had our first ultrsound at 6 weeks. At that point our daughter was still smaller than the egg but clearly visible. We also had a few complication concerning her heart after we though everything was going well. By the time she was born (10-10-10), we had 27 ultrsounds including two that were solely of her heart. We have over 100 pictures of her before she was even born. The progress and growth is amazing. How anyone could perform an abortion or allow one on themselves is beyond me. She is now 7 months old but we have known her for 16 months. Writing this has actually brough me to tears...
Old 05-20-2011, 12:27 PM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
God can use anyone, even that child concieved out of a horible situation in our eyes.

This sums it up right there. What if that child that was killed via abortion was supposed to be an incredible witness to God? What if they were supposed to be a missionary to bring God's word to the world? What if their purpose was to be a preacher, minister, children's minister? Or how about just a normal person working a normal job who is a strong Christian and starts and continues on a family full of strong Christians?
That's my point people. We are a SELFISH nation. When things aren't going in our favor we can always pay money to have it "fixed". Like I said before, rape, sodomy, incest, etc.. are all horrible things. WHY cover up one bad thing with another? Two wrongs don't equal a right. God loves everyone, even children born because of a rape. Even children born through incest. Even babies born to young women not ready to have babies. If he didn't think those babies were important and precious, he would've never allowed them to come into this world. God loves all children. That's what our politicians don't understand. That's what so many people don't understand. This is a HUMAN LIFE we're talking about.
When my wife and I were dating she came up to visit me one weekend while I was in college and her best friend just so happened to be dating my next door neighbor. We went over there for dinner one night and abortion came up. This girl was HARDCORE PRO-CHOICE. I mean it was horrible talking to her about this. She felt strongly that life doesn't start until the baby is born. She said a woman has the right to do anything she pleases with her body. She said if a woman gets raped, or incest, or even if she just wasn't ready for a baby she should be able to get an abortion whenever she wants and how many ever times she wants.

I replied with this.... If a woman has sex one night and gets pregnant, what will happen in 9 months? She replied "she'll have a baby". I then asked, How can a woman have a baby if she never has sex? She replied, "she can't, she has to have sex for her to become pregnant." I said, Ok, so you're telling me that in order for a woman to have a baby, she has to actually have sex first, then 9 months later a baby comes out, BUT it's not a baby until it's born, right? She replied "well no, it's a baby inside her womb". I said, NO, you said life doesn't begin until birth. Therefore, it's not a baby. Babies are alive aren't they? she said "well yes, but not until they are born.". hmmmm I gets better..... I then asked her, what would happen if I tilled up some land out back of my house and planted some corn seed? she said "well it'd grow into corn obviously". I said well it'd take awhile right? she said "yes, it has to grow". I asked her, well how could I get corn if I never planted the corn or never went and bought any? She said "you couldn't, if you didn't plant it". I then asked her well how would I know what type of seed to plant? she said "if you're growing corn you'd plant corn seed" I told her, well what is the seed made up of? she said "it's a small piece of corn that you plant and it makes the corn". I said well the seed can't be called corn, because it hasn't made the corn stalk yet right? she said "no, it's actually corn that you plant. Corn makes the corn".

Needless to say, she didn't get my point, and this is a well-educated woman too. This is our society today. Sorry this is so long guys.
Old 05-21-2011, 01:19 AM
B&C 160 Class

ok getting off topic from the origanal post. i am pro life exept in the case of Rape. i think if a women chooses to have sex, then aborts the baby that she should be charged with merder. even if say she had him wear a condom. we all know condams stop pregnacy 99% of the time. that means she knew going into it there was a small chance she would get pregnant. and by going ahead with it any way, then killing th baby she has commited merder. how ever as i understand your opinions about who could that baby have been (even in th case of Rape). and she could just give it away for adoption after birth. i l;ook at ith this way. say a girl is brough up in a good family. her parents tell her with hard work she can be anything she wants when she grows. at an early age she desides she wants to be a lawyer. all thoughout middle school she works her butt off and gets srtaight A's. the summer between 8th and 9th grade, insted of doing the things we all did, she studdys her butt off even more. though out highschool she keeps no real social life, devoting all her time to her studys. agian she gets straight A's. because of her perfect grades she gets a full scollership to harverd law. for the first three years of her time at harverd law she continues the same and gets the same results and is at the top of her class. then one night as she is on her way home from the library doing some late night studdying. some low down, scum of the earth, pease of garbige desides he wants to steal what she has been saving for her husband...on there wedding night, and Rapes her. she fights back for all she is worth, he knocked her out cold and rapes her. the next week she finds out that she got pregnant form the atack. she desides that she will give birth to it and give it up for adoption cause she was brought up (as mentioned at the beginning of this ) in a good family and dose not want to abort. she contiues her schooling....the pregnacy gets rughf. the doc says she needs to be on bed rest. to go on bed rest she will need to drop out of school. so your telling me that she should have to give up everything she has worked her whole life for to keep the baby that she only got pregnat with because she was raped. and that the right thing is that now not only has she loster her right to give her verginity to her husband, but she has lost her right to get what she has worked her whole life for to put these exact types of crimanls behind bars. just because so low life raped her? now if she chooses to go on the bed rest, have the baby, and give up the life she has worked so hard for thats one thing. but i think for us to tell her that she cant just abort, and get on with her life the best she can after what happened to her, just because every life is important is Bull. what about her life?
Old 05-21-2011, 11:17 AM
B&C 140 Class

Dear huntNH,
I understand how we could get all down on ourselves for what is going on in this country and think that we are so far down God is ready to throw us away. If your son or daughter did something real bad would you walk off from them? Of course not, you'd be very disappointed and sad but you would try to stay strong to be a help not a hinderance.
God is the same way but on a scale that our little tiny minds can't understand. We are all His children but we are not all children of God. Only those who listen and obey his Word are children of God.
He knows every star by name. When they sent the Hubble telescope out into space they estimated 100 million stars but now the it is out there they refigure it at 150 million and still counting. God knows every star in the sky by name, so he certainly knows yours and mine.
But we can know God individually and He already knows us, the God of this universe of this world, there is where the treasure is, we live on this world for 70 - 90 years but compared to eternity what is that.
We still live in the USA and it and you and I ain't dead yet and God lives forever so what is the deal about worry of one man who is a challanged man. I will pray for him but I'm not spending one minute worrying about who's in power now.
If we worry about that, what you worry about owns us and I am owned by no man!
daddus
Old 05-21-2011, 02:56 PM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt NH View Post
so your telling me that she should have to give up everything she has worked her whole life for to keep the baby that she only got pregnat with because she was raped. and that the right thing is that now not only has she loster her right to give her verginity to her husband, but she has lost her right to get what she has worked her whole life for to put these exact types of crimanls behind bars. just because so low life raped her?
YES. We are talking about a human life huntnh. Personally, if I were female and this happened to me, I would still have the baby. Plain and simple. If I didn't want it, I would give it up for adoption. Once again, this goes back to my point of "don't make a bad situation worse". We are talking about human life... no matter how it is happened, it is God's creation. It's his most precious gife to us as humans. In my beliefs and my personal morals, God would not look at this as something that is right. Your last question about how she worked her whole life for what she had going... it was so perfect and she was living the perfect life and such a good Christian... WHO does that sound like? If you remember over 2,000 years ago JESUS had a perfect life. He had everything going for him, was the best Christian ever, and he was so perfect. But he gave it all up for US. That's what God expects. IF you are asking if I think God would want this girl to give everything up to have this child, my answer is YES. 100% yes, and she will be HEAVILY rewarded for it in heaven.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:56 PM
B&C 160 Class

i think in that sinario, yes the right thing would be for her to keep it. and if i knew her i would encurage her to keep it. but i do not think forcing her to is right. sorry we are just going to have to agree to disagree.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:57 PM

a very deep rooted debate is taking place right here. I believe God's compassion would allow a severely geneticaly messedup baby to be aborted. and just take their sole up early. Incest and rape would also be exceptions in my book if preformed early in the pregentcy. I don't believe in late term abortions or convenience abortions. Government money should not be involved in the process. Adoption should have strict rules in place however, streamlining the process would get more un wanted babies to families wishing for kids but can't conceive. unwed mothers should have a limit on the number of babies produced as they will simply be wards of the state.I tend to run pretty much a conservative adjenda so this is one area where there is some cross over of positions,
Old 05-22-2011, 12:03 AM
B&C 160 Class

guess im in the midle of the road on this one. i think if the women Chooses to have sex then abort the baby even in the case of insest, or if the baby will have sevear issues, then she has commited murder. but if she is raped, she did not have the choise to say no, and she should not have to be berrdend by the pragnancy, and the risk of complications that come with if she dose not want to, because she did not choose to be part of the conseption.