is it wrong? - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Non Hunting Topics and Classifieds > Political Talk
Political Talk Be respectful!

Old 12-07-2010, 02:25 AM
B&C 160 Class

Default is it wrong?

is it wrong that i refuse to buy a product from a company that recved a govt bail out? i was talking about buying a new truck on another web site, but that i was not shure what kind yet. one of the other membars sugessted that i get a Ram. but i told him that i thought buying a truck from dodge would be like buying my TV back from the a guy who had broken into my house and stole it. the way i see it talking the bailouts was like stealing from the Amarican tax payer. this comment got me called a dumb hillbilly by another member of the same forum. the way i see it im just standing up for what i think is right. what do you guys think? do you think it is right for me to refuse to buy from cryler or GM? or that i am just being overly vengfull. BTW i also found out that Harley took a bailout, and i was looking to buy a new Dina WideGlide in the spring, now im looking at a Victory Vages, because it is also an Amarican bike, but from a company that did not take a bail out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2010, 06:16 AM
B&C 160 Class

NH if thats the way you feel and you have valid points stick to your beliefs.i will add though in this day and age probably arent too many companies out there who arent on the take,and at least harley is american.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:50 AM

Hunt NH you do what you feel is right
but in my opinion if we don't start buying these American products Bailed out or Not we will all be owning yamaha's honda's samsung's & so on
I try my best to buy american when I can All my cars & trucks have been Chevy's my wife liked Dodge but I talked her into a Chevy this time only because she was looking at the asian market
unfortunately my motorcycle is a Yamaha only because at the time funds were limited & there was NO way I was spending $15,000 on a Harley
now that we have a bike the next one will be American
Old 12-07-2010, 10:20 AM
B&C 180 Class

hunt NH,,, I've owned 2 dodges in my life and I will never again. They are not good vehicles,, one was a truck and one was a durango. Don't buy the dodge.

BUY GM!!! They are the true American company! If I'm not mistaken, I think they paid all their bail-out money BACK to the gov't.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:23 AM

I can't talk bad about any of the big 3 U.S. auto manufacturers, at one time I owned a ford or a GM and now I own a Dodge All of them are good vehicles most of it boils down to owner maintenance anyway.
As far as taking government money, We shouldn't forget the history of any one of those companies "Especially" Chrysler, during WWII when they were manufacturing most of the military equipment needed for battle including trucks, jeeps and yes even M-3 Tanks and many aircraft parts!!! If it wasn't for the Chrysler corporation who knows what country would have current control over all of us.
I understand what you're saying about Chrysler taking the stimulus money but they were the first American Company to step up when this country needed them and I dont know about any of you folks but I'll buy and support Chryslers products every chance I get to, I'll support Chrysler long before Ford or GM but it's because of their Patriotic history to this country and not because they are a better or more durable product!!!!

So no it isn't wrong that you choose not to buy certain products everyone has the right to choose whichever products they want to.

good luck on whichever you decide to buy.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:19 PM
B&C 180 Class

my post was purely biased. I love chevys and have had nothing EVER go wrong with them (knock on wood). Dodge on the other hand, I know alot of ppl who own them and have good luck with them--not me though. I do like ford as well, but many of their trucks are getting to flashy. Too much chrome and too much City-boy style.

I literally laughed last year at the Ford commercial for the new F-150 last year when they introduced the new "step up tail-gate"... If you haven't seen that it's hilarious! It just looks funny to me, to have a step come out, but then also a hand rail! I thought it was a joke.... What ever happened to steppin' up on the bummer and jumpin' in your ol' truck!?!?!?!
Old 12-07-2010, 01:57 PM
B&C 160 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfdeputy2 View Post
Hunt NH you do what you feel is right
but in my opinion if we don't start buying these American products Bailed out or Not we will all be owning yamaha's honda's samsung's & so on
I try my best to buy american when I can All my cars & trucks have been Chevy's my wife liked Dodge but I talked her into a Chevy this time only because she was looking at the asian market
unfortunately my motorcycle is a Yamaha only because at the time funds were limited & there was NO way I was spending $15,000 on a Harley
now that we have a bike the next one will be American
i should specify, i pritty much stick to ford because i to like to buy Amarican as much as possible. and when i bought my harley, the fact that it was Amarican was huge part of that desision. and if i choose not to do buisness with harley any more (as stated) the only other bike i will be looking at it the Victory wich is also an Amarican made bike.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:23 PM

I understand
I am just saying a lot of big american companies got some assistance from US aka the Govt. a lot that we did not hear about I personally will keep buying my GM products
what I was getting at is there are not a lot of choices when we put Made in the USA as a priority & it gets smaller when I the the ones off the list that got help
I am NOT in any way defending Obummer I think if you can't keep your business a float it should sink
With that said I was in Detroit & Grand Rapids Dec 07 & 09 I can tell you it was like a ghost town in 09 even with a bailout.
In 07 the place was booming. it really made me think how much we need to support US companies as much as we can no matter what
we are already owned by the Asian market & need to turn it around
We need to own the market place again
Old 12-08-2010, 01:12 AM
B&C 160 Class

i just dont know. there are so many companys who got some sort of bail out, that i just cant possibly inshure that i dont do buisness with one of them. and many of them got bailed out for different reasons. harley for example got bailed out because so many people who had lost there jobs were not making there motor cycle payments. GM and Cryseler because (in my opinion) they were building a crap product. (ill get back to this subject in a minit) and in some way they all did somthing shadey about it. Harley for example has hidden the fact that they took one, GM made commertials claming to have payed back the govt in full wich they are makeing payments, but hav not payed it all back, and cryseler has no intention of paying it back.

ok back to the crap product comment. this is not a stab at you chevy/ dodge guys. case and point GM guys.... would you rather own an 06 silverado, or an old Scotsdail if the scotsdail was in mint condition and had the same amount of miles on it?

i would personaly much rather own a mint condition late 60's ford bronco than any new ford SUV. so no the crap comment was not a stab it was a statment that they just dont build vehicals the way they usedto.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:20 AM
B&C 160 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBruce1959 View Post
I can't talk bad about any of the big 3 U.S. auto manufacturers, at one time I owned a ford or a GM and now I own a Dodge All of them are good vehicles most of it boils down to owner maintenance anyway.
As far as taking government money, We shouldn't forget the history of any one of those companies "Especially" Chrysler, during WWII when they were manufacturing most of the military equipment needed for battle including trucks, jeeps and yes even M-3 Tanks and many aircraft parts!!! If it wasn't for the Chrysler corporation who knows what country would have current control over all of us.
I understand what you're saying about Chrysler taking the stimulus money but they were the first American Company to step up when this country needed them and I dont know about any of you folks but I'll buy and support Chryslers products every chance I get to, I'll support Chrysler long before Ford or GM but it's because of their Patriotic history to this country and not because they are a better or more durable product!!!!

So no it isn't wrong that you choose not to buy certain products everyone has the right to choose whichever products they want to.

good luck on whichever you decide to buy.
Chryseler was not the only company to build vehicals for the military durring WW2. Ford bilt many of the jeeps. i could be wrong on this next statment but i think they actualy built more jeeps durring WW2 than anyone. and i say this not to belittle chryselrs contrubutions, but just to say they they were not the only ones. also i think its safe to say they anyone who had anything to do with that patriotic act by ether company has long sence retired or passed. so i dont think the past contriutions of retired company exectuivs, excuses the current comany from the wrong that they have done the the amarican tax payer.