tired of it. - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Non Hunting Topics and Classifieds > Political Talk
Political Talk Be respectful!

Old 09-21-2010, 01:55 AM
B&C 160 Class

Default tired of it.

i am tired of hearing celebs vocing there opinions as if they were fact. "the pledge" ticked me off like you would not believe. but the one today has me furious. it was Lady Gaga going off about how "dont ask dont tell" needs to be repield. first of all she acted like a retard, second she demanded that the poloticians listen to her, third of all she was bashing on strait soldiers about not wanting to serve with homosexuals. hear is my views on it. 1 just cause you are a celeb dont make your views any more inportant than anyone elces. 2 unless you are current active dutey, or a Vet, i realy dont want to hear your views of what the military should do. 3 how dare she bash the ones who protect her freedome to make her living acting like a freek. now for my opinions on "dont ask dont tell". i have no problems with homosexuals. i have worked with a few, never was a prob. But the military is a totaly diferent thing from a civilan job. (if your a vet you know what im talking about, if not i dont have time to explane) and i would not want to serve with a homosexual in my platoon. sorry if that offends anyone but thats how i feel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2010, 02:52 PM
B&C 120 Class

Another one that really got me mad was Brad Pitt. Back when the BP oil leak was the main thing in the news he said that he is against the death penalty but willing to give it a second thought for those who may be responsible for the oil fiasco.

Make your movies and sing your songs. Celebrities are no more important that anyone else, and neither are politcians for that matter.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:27 PM
B&C 160 Class

on a few occassions some due some some good but it is rare(wiilie nelson farmers and that guy from forrest gump for the vets) usually its a stupid opinion to grab publicity.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:22 AM

We can't frown upon all Celebs for the ignorant actions of a certain few.
Many Celebs are helping to protect our rights and freedoms, Charlie Daniels, Chuck Norris, & Toby Keith are just a few examples.
I really doubt Lady GaGa's rhetoric is going to cause us any harm in fact she's probably strangling her own fame & fortune all by herself,
some Celebs should think before attempting to speak they're only hurting themselves.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:03 AM
B&C 160 Class

bruce i 100% agree with you about charlie, chck and tobie. and thats not just cause i agree with there points. but hear is one big differnece. the three of them know what the heck they are taking about. i can pull up hundereds of pics of thoughs three in foren counterys haning out, talking to, entertaining our GI's. how many of pics can you find of Gaga doing the same. id be willing to bet Zero. and its not just her. like mentioned, the pledge, and all them other morons from hollywood trying to tell us how to vote. and yes im sure that sometimes it hurts there acting carreeor. look at how it affected tom cruses carreor when he went all crazzy telling nut jobs not to take there meds.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:43 AM

Here's a hot potato, what's everyone's position on Ted Nugent (spell?) For me pretty extreeme. His shows are full of bait and shoot, I think sends the wrong message out to the new/youth hunters that you don't have to learn how to hunt just throw and shoot. I believe he's serious about hunting and the rights of hunters but some of his hunting practices/shows make me sick. Again, as much celeb as hunter in his case. At least he's a no drug use proponet and in today's times that's a good thing.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:00 PM
B&C 140 Class

Ole Teds a character that's for sure. A bit extreme for me. I think he could make his point without being so abrasive about it. I seen one of his shows a while back where he was shooting all his guns. And that''s ok but all of a sudden he looks at the camera and says, "Sarah Brady, drop dead". That wasn't cool at all. I'm not a big fan of Ted, not against him mind you, just not a big fan.