No mosque - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Non Hunting Topics and Classifieds > Political Talk
Political Talk Be respectful!

Old 08-21-2010, 07:06 PM
B&C 160 Class

Angry stop the mosque

#1800-75-con ed.this number is to con ed who owns the site for the mosque.lets all call to say no to this disgusting effort.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2010, 10:50 PM

Wonder If anyone would answer if I called at around 2 am?

Anybody else called this number yet? Speak to anyone?
Old 08-24-2010, 04:39 AM

As a former Nyer I can't believe anyone in NYC would want it there what I cant believe even more is the vote in the link Bruce put up to the NY daily News only 22% think it should not be there GO FIGURE
how many times did Obummer vote?
Old 08-24-2010, 08:23 PM

Well I voted NO, and tried again but was denied.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:06 AM
B&C 140 Class

It's odd but this very issue has come up in Mayfield, KY of all places. We have a chicken processing plant here that historically has employed Hispanics, mostly illegals. Last year the company sold this plant and the new owners are bringing in somolians as workers. Now the somolians are petitioning the the local goverment for a permit to open a mosque right on main street close to downtown. People are in an uproar. They had the city council meeting yesterday to decide but none of the somolians got inside due to the amount of people limited in the council room. The place was packed with anti muslum protesters whose only gripe it seems was the muslum religon. Not good. The permit was denied and the reason stated was the building wanted had only 6 parking spaces and the muslum membership was 150. It would disrupt the buisness parking all around it and according to KY state statue this is illegal. It was rumopred that they were asking the local and state goverment for money, but I think that was untrue. Towards the end I think the meeting almost got out of hand.

It's sad, but these people have the right to worship. Our constitution guarrantees it. That's one of the things our country was founded on. I agree the choice for the one at ground zero was a slap in the face to the american people and should be moved to another location. No question there. But here, the local folk don't want them coz they're muslum. As much as it frustrates me, they are wrong. They have a right to worship. It was embarassing being from this town yesterday and listening to the locals talk. The city council said they wouldn't have a problem with another location as long as all city and state laws were obeyed. I think we've all got a bitter taste in our mouth with muslums after 9/11. One of the arguments presented was that to associate all muslums with Al Quieda is like associating all Christians with those that bomb abortion clinics. To a point I agree but not totally. I believe their "religous law" goes against the principals this country was founded on also. Just my opinion.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:36 AM
B&C 160 Class

these people were so used to doing anything they want now that their being scrutinized and questioned they cry racism.i live in buffalo we have the 2nd biggest muslim population next to detroit.southern man i disagree with you these peoples loyalty is to their homeland.all the men run stores and the wives are in the houses with 12 kids on welfare.all their money goes back to yemen.i live here i no what goes on so dont tell me im stereotyping.if you want to pretend that these people love america go ahead i dont believe it.these people danced in the streets on september 11.seems like were scared to tell the truth.the lackawanna six(six who received terrorists training) was 5 minutes form my house.i hope the situation reaches a boiling pt this nonsense of tolerance and political correctness needs to stop.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:47 AM

how long are the Somolians expected to be in Ky?

as a Christian, I don't need my bible to pray! And I dont need a church to pray in.

God/Religion is not confined to a building. the only reason muslims want mosques here in the U.S. is to insult westerners by proving how stupid we are to allow them to erect mosques where ever, when ever.
According to Islam muslims have to pray at certain times daily, when the time comes even if the muslim is on a bus they are supposed to face Mecca, (makkah) drop to their knees and pray no matter what location he/she is located in, Building not required.

Unlike the Christian Church which is used solely as a house of prayer, a Mosque is not a house of prayer, The mosque serves as a place where Muslims can come together for salat (prayer) as well as a center for information, education, and dispute settlement.
Mosques have developed significantly from the open-air spaces that were the Quba Mosque and Al-Masjid al-Nabawi in the 7th century.
Many mosques have elaborate domes, minarets, and prayer halls. Mosques originated on the Arabian Peninsula, but are now found in all inhabited continents.

Don't let muslims try to convince us that they "need" a mosque for prayer, they don't.
And don't let muslims try to convince you their religion requires burqa's or head scarves, it doesn't.
Those are both traditional practices not Religious requirements.
All of this information can be found by doing just a little research on any of the individual subjects the muslims continually try to insult us with.
I'm sorry if I sound insensitive to muslim religion, I fully respect anyones religious preferences but i'm sick and tired of the muslim rhetoric.

Old 08-25-2010, 12:19 PM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiker View Post
these people were so used to doing anything they want now that their being scrutinized and questioned they cry racism.i live in buffalo we have the 2nd biggest muslim population next to detroit.southern man i disagree with you these peoples loyalty is to their homeland.all the men run stores and the wives are in the houses with 12 kids on welfare.all their money goes back to yemen.i live here i no what goes on so dont tell me im stereotyping.if you want to pretend that these people love america go ahead i dont believe it.these people danced in the streets on september 11.seems like were scared to tell the truth.the lackawanna six(six who received terrorists training) was 5 minutes form my house.i hope the situation reaches a boiling pt this nonsense of tolerance and political correctness needs to stop.
First of all I never mentioned anything about racism or their love of america and quite frankly don't care. I don't want it here anymore than anyone else. I do think it's funny that most people, you included, scream constitution when it's something you want but deny it to others. I think there are several things that need to reach a boiling point and boil over too.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:42 PM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBruce1959 View Post
how long are the Somolians expected to be in Ky?

as a Christian, I don't need my bible to pray! And I dont need a church to pray in.

God/Religion is not confined to a building. the only reason muslims want mosques here in the U.S. is to insult westerners by proving how stupid we are to allow them to erect mosques where ever, when ever.
According to Islam muslims have to pray at certain times daily, when the time comes even if the muslim is on a bus they are supposed to face Mecca, (makkah) drop to their knees and pray no matter what location he/she is located in, Building not required.

Unlike the Christian Church which is used solely as a house of prayer, a Mosque is not a house of prayer, The mosque serves as a place where Muslims can come together for salat (prayer) as well as a center for information, education, and dispute settlement.
Mosques have developed significantly from the open-air spaces that were the Quba Mosque and Al-Masjid al-Nabawi in the 7th century.
Many mosques have elaborate domes, minarets, and prayer halls. Mosques originated on the Arabian Peninsula, but are now found in all inhabited continents.

Don't let muslims try to convince us that they "need" a mosque for prayer, they don't.
And don't let muslims try to convince you their religion requires burqa's or head scarves, it doesn't.
Those are both traditional practices not Religious requirements.
All of this information can be found by doing just a little research on any of the individual subjects the muslims continually try to insult us with.
I'm sorry if I sound insensitive to muslim religion, I fully respect anyones religious preferences but i'm sick and tired of the muslim rhetoric.
Don't know how long they're gonna be here. I assume from now on. They didn't say they "Had" to have a mosque. They just wanted a permit. The ruling did make sense, it would have been constant confusion. All I was trying to say was It was really sad at the irationality of the people at the meeting. There's no way in hell their permit will be denied if it's within the law, despite all the griping....
Old 08-25-2010, 02:16 PM
B&C 160 Class

i never mentioned the constitution i believe these people are no good and are out to destroy our country.most people are afraid to say that.i see these people everyday theres no loyalty to this country.none of these so call moderate muslims will denounce 9/11.so i guess that makes me a racist and you no what im proud of it.when the hits the fan again dont say i told you so.