Deer Hunting Forums banner

Summer Buck

4K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  buckfever 
#1 · (Edited)
Did a little scouting yesterday and luckily had my Camera with me to show how close I managed to get to this young Buck in Velvet,
It was 92 degrees while he foraged.. Just 10 yards seperated us it was a Great feeling.
I'll be sure to check on him again as Bow season rolls around. :w00t:

See less See more
#6 ·
nice! Here in MO, the dry weather (and I mean VERY VERY DRY) has deer out at all times of the day. It's not unusual to drive by a bean field at 1pm in the afternoon with the temp at 105 degrees, and see 10+ deer out eating. NEVER seen anything like this before. We are in big time need for rain up here in North Central MO.

Please pray for rain for us guys and gals... our farmers especially could really use it.

#7 ·
Well I'm praying you folks get some rain soon but Mo. isn't alone,
the news has been reporting drought conditions in about 61% of the U.S.
Drought conditions have got to be tough on just about everything.

#8 ·
I just heard that they are talking about this drought conditions to last up into October. Right now, we are experiencing 8+ days of 100 degrees or higher.

Some how, the garden didn't do too bad this summer. Tomatos are still growing like crazy, zuchinni (sp?) are growing well, green beans are done- but already ate a TON of them and canned over 35 quarts, corn didn't fair well,,, got 1 REALLY good supper out of it and we have about 3-4 suppers worth of fresh corn frozen, cucumbers were a big disapointment- only had about 10 nice ones and they withered up and died. Green peppers are doing well and lastly watermelons are setting on the vine, but don't know if they are going to make it in this heat.

Please PRAY for RAIN!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.