Deer Hunting Forums banner

Our salt licks just keep on getting deeper

3K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  flexj 
#1 ·
Went to the lease today. Here are some pics of 2 salt licks we refreshed with salt this year. The bucks are wearing them out right now.

This lick is probably 4 year old now. My partner gotta a massive 8 pointer on his trail cam today. (the moron cant figure out how to email his pics or I would have added it to this thread as well) I will try to get his sd card and upload some on my own pc.

This is one of the beat down trails going to the above salt lick.

I just put my camera on this salt lick today. We will see what shows up over the next 2 weeks.

See less See more
#2 ·
Ill tell ya something else they will tear up.they will eat a stump if poured on it,or dig a hole licking dirt if poured on the ground.soy sause,has to be the real stuff from a orintial grocery not the stuff from publix or winn dixie.get it by the gallon for about $7.I promise you they will tear it up:thumbup:

#3 ·
Sitting here near Fort Hood, we have a fairly large Oriental population. With that being said, several of the smaller Oriental shops combined to open a fairly large store. I'm quite sure that they'll have something that will work!!! Will have to hit the store on payday and can't wait to see the results.

Thanks for the tip!!!

#5 ·
BF, pretty soon you won't have to shoot the deer just let them fall into the salt pit, and let them stay long enough they will preserve themselves as well. Then add the soy sauce and dig right in. Could actually be a new do it themselves jerky pit! :bag: No matter what the pictures show they like salt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.