Lolly Buck Farm Video - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Pictures
Pictures Show off your new gun, truck, or your own mug shot in this forum for miscellaneous pics.

Old 03-20-2011, 11:37 AM
Scrub Buck

Thumbs up Lolly Buck Farm Video

This is video of the 2010 archery season on Lolly Buck Farm. I followed my buddy around with my new video camera and this video clip is the highlights of what happened.

DEER VIDEO>> YouTube - Lolly Buck Farm HD

My YouTube Channel>> http://www.youtube.com/user/OptimONY?feature=mhum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2011, 06:03 PM
ronn

pretty good but you need a camera arm and a tripod. the gorilla arm or the primos isn't bad for the money. i have a gorilla arm and i've used a muddy marsh arm that is real good but its up there in price. i got a couple good turkey things on video but can't figure out how to get them to where ever to share. they are about 10 mins long. i've tried photobucket but that didnt work nor did that one that starts with v, vineo?

oh welcome for nh ain't the camera kinda fun? I've been getting into it pretty good. got an spot to hopfully get a deer hunt on video nect season

Last edited by ronn; 03-20-2011 at 06:20 PM.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:53 AM
Scrub Buck

Hey Ronn, I used the Gorilla tree arm when I was in the tree. Its just a low quality arm that was given to me and the head doesn't swivel very well. I didn't have any practice with using a tree arm before I made this video so it was a good camera mount to play around with. Its time for an upgrade... any suggestions??

My YouTube Channel>> http://www.youtube.com/user/OptimONY?feature=mhum
Old 03-22-2011, 11:04 AM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronn View Post
pretty good but you need a camera arm and a tripod.

I have never tried this. To me, it would be too much to hassle with ))(videoing my hunts))). Most times when I bow hunt, I'm just getting off work and it's everything I can do to even remember by BOW as I'm leaving the house (yes that once happened.... )

I think if I ever videotaped a hunt it would be my kids' hunts. But even then, I wonder if it'd be too much hassle.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:23 PM
ronn

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimO View Post
Hey Ronn, I used the Gorilla tree arm when I was in the tree. Its just a low quality arm that was given to me and the head doesn't swivel very well. I didn't have any practice with using a tree arm before I made this video so it was a good camera mount to play around with. Its time for an upgrade... any suggestions??
i hear ya there. it works but that is about it. that muddy camera arm was real sweet. but its around 200+ bucks, i think, but smooth as silk. way more than i want to spend right now. if you want info on videoing the boys in pa, md, del, alot of it. check out marylandwhitetail.com. these guys do tons and tons of video and are flippin good at it. alot of them have gone to HD now. its fun. i got a couple good turkey hunts on tape and mini dvd but its hard trying to get enough for a hour long dvd. i wish i could share but i unfortunately don't know how to share a 10 min video.

Last edited by ronn; 03-22-2011 at 04:03 PM.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:29 PM
ronn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tator View Post
I have never tried this. To me, it would be too much to hassle with ))(videoing my hunts))). Most times when I bow hunt, I'm just getting off work and it's everything I can do to even remember by BOW as I'm leaving the house (yes that once happened.... )

I think if I ever videotaped a hunt it would be my kids' hunts. But even then, I wonder if it'd be too much hassle.
tator getting a hunt/kill on video is this close to doing it yourself without video. its a challenge and its still hunting even though you ain't pulling the trigger. and isn't that the best part of hunting and the taking of an animal is only icing on the cake? i think so. if i could have taken an animal and filled a tag but passed thats as good as getting it done to me.......sometimes.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:47 PM
B&C 120 Class

They sell these stabilizers with a build in camera that you can video your hunt.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:03 AM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronn View Post
tator getting a hunt/kill on video is this close to doing it yourself without video. its a challenge and its still hunting even though you ain't pulling the trigger. and isn't that the best part of hunting and the taking of an animal is only icing on the cake? i think so. if i could have taken an animal and filled a tag but passed thats as good as getting it done to me.......sometimes.

Oh believe me, I know it's still hunting... but by the time I get up in the tree and get settled in it would be a struggle to set up a camera too. Like I said, I may try this when my kids get older and begin hunting.... but would only do it in a deer stand- not tree stand.... don't have the equipment for that. I enjoy watching others' videos!
Old 03-26-2011, 10:54 AM
B&C 100 Class

I use a Cannon Vixia hf r100 mini cam, great little camera and the HD is very clean, I cannot believe the picture quality! I only paid about $500.00 and I do not scout or hunt without it. My computer is dial -up so I can't submit video... too slow. When filming turkeys the color is phenomanel.
Old 03-26-2011, 12:08 PM
ronn

i use the sony handicam minidvd but found the disks are too small, 30 mins,and now i use the same camera only with minidv tapes. it works good for what i do